Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie from Banbury

paulwaite1

Country Flag
great_britain
Hello everyone.

I don't have a 4x4 at the moment and I plan on changing that. I have been a fan of the J40 Land Cruiser for quite a while now, so I thought the best place to be would be here.

I'm hoping to try and find a new restoration project to undertake after completing a BMW 2002 4 years ago. Sadly I missed the perfect vehicle on Autotrader recently and have searched every website and forum for something else suitable that is in the UK. Hoping someone here might have an idea of a vehicle for sale that need the full works ? I don't seem to be able to find anything that hasn't been restored already. After any BJ or FJ 40.

Glad to be part of the forum.

Paul

Welcome, there's a couple members your way, I've just moved away from Brackley.

Good luck finding an FJ40, they're lovely things, I'm sure someone here will know some of the better places to look.

Thanks mrdelmonti.

There is quite a 4x4 community around here, so hoping to get involved soon.

Been getting itchy fingers recently and saw a very nice 40 in Indonesia whilst on holiday, so this rekindled my interest in them. Came home, then saw one advertised. After it had been advertised for 3 months, I was too late to get it, missed it by 1 day. Gutted !! So after something similar.

Welcome Paul,

Looking forward to you finding your 40 and a build thread to go with it! :clap:

Hi Shayne

I did see this vehicle on my searches. But, I'm a sucker for the older shape. Would have been a nice project though.

Thanks Clive. I'll be sure to do a thread for it when I get one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Im with you on the old shape Paul but the small size of the 40 puts me of it . I'd love to see a 40 body mounted on a hilux chassis though if your looking for something to do at the weekend :lol:

Ask Karl Webster of this forum I know he has at least 2 and he may want to sell one.

Andy

The size is one of the reasons why I want one. A smaller 4x4 is what I am after. Don't jest about the Hilux chassis, I might just be pushed into this sort of thing. This BMW was the last project that I undertook, and it just spiralled out of control. Was worth it in the end.
BMW1.jpgEngine.JPG

Wow we got a guy with some real skills here ............... OK everybody 1, 2 , 3 and PUSH ................. 40 on a Hilux chassis .................. and again PUSH !!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you just love what a bit of peer pressure can achieve :lol:

:lol:

Brilliant !!!

Please don't, my dad (who's workshop I used), would have a fit. I have said this time it would be a straight restoration. Maybe with an engine upgrade.

If you search some of the 40 restoration threads on here you might just get hooked.

Andy

Yes it is. Fitted that plus a lot of other stuff to it. It certainly goes well

Hi Paul I have seen one on eBay it is a BJ40 it end on eBay but I message he and it is shill for sale call hem on 07836645232 and welcome from toyotatony good look :wtf:

Back