Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie here

DVSLUX

Hi all, thought I would introduce myself, I havnt had much off road experience, apart from having a bit of fun in my old 4wd hilux. Most of my 4x4 experiences are in the mechanical/fabrication side of things. Over the years I have done any thing from suspension lifts, to supercharging an old suzuki SJ413 with a late model suzuki motor. Recently after working on my boss's 79 series double cabs I bought a SWB 70 series body (or should I say saved from possible doom) and chassis to start building up a nice driver with the late model front and hopefully the new V8 diesel, if not then maybe a lexus V8, this option would be cheaper and easier but for some reason I like to torture myself:?

Your name: Ben
Your Cruiser: 70 series SWB
Mods on your Cruiser: currently none
Plans for your Cruiser: As much as I can possibly afford
4x4 Experience: Very minimal

Welcome Ben!

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but your thread has come up with jour join date as Oct 2012 :wtf:

The 'other' Ben is your man for 70's and theres several others, but I see you've already been posting on his build thread. Spend a day or two reading his thread, it's great entertainment and full of useful tips/info.

Where are you? Best to fill in the location section on your profile.

Hey Clive, yes I joined last year and have just been hiding in the shadows haha, thought it was time I introduced myself to the world.

For some reason I must not have filled that out when I joined, but Im from little old New Zealand.

Never been to NZ but I have loads of pics from friends who have. Depending on where you are in NZ what I've seen is 100% offroad paradise! Paradise full stop!

Welcome to the forum Ben. :thumbup:

Welcome Ben!

It doesn't take much to confuse me these days, but your thread has come up with jour join date as Oct 2012 :wtf:

The 'other' Ben is your man for 70's and theres several others, but I see you've already been posting on his build thread. Spend a day or two reading his thread, it's great entertainment and full of useful tips/info.

Where are you? Best to fill in the location section on your profile.

Thanks Clive. :icon-biggrin:

Welcome.

Lad I worked with has just emigrated to New Zealand (lucky bugger)
Another has just announced going to OZ too!!! Wife won't agree to us going though :-(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As you joined 2012 i guess the engine choice has already been made but i was going to say i've seen a number of landrovers with chevy V8 conversions and i was thinking size wise if it fits in a defender it will definitely fit in a 70 series landcruiser .

Back