Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie Run

warrenpfo

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I thought I would ask if anyone was interested in a newbie run for those who have in the past few months picked up a cruiser or are yet to head out on a "trail" and so might not have a winch/sliders or body armour fitted.

I am not looking for anything too exciting but rather a day out that will ease us into what our vehicles can do with perhaps a few experienced people to lead and sweep up the rear giving us some guidance and words of advice along the way with maybe a winch or snap strap just in case.

I guess first off are there any takers and secondly is there some one interested in showing us a lane or two that would suit.

Was thinking some time in the next 6 weeks.

Would also be great to meet some of the people on here.

Just a last minute thought but would something like this be doable in the morning on the day of the "treasure hunt" or is there a better place and time.

Sounds like an outing to the Plain might be in order - before the treasure hunt :idea: There seem to be a fair few people wanting to get out and play. I need to escape the house and put some miles on my LC some time soon, so I should be up for an outing. If it snows this weekend, it could be good fun :clap:

(Although I really need to do some work on my LC beforehand :? )

I was going up during the day anyway for a bit of a play.

Great question, I too am looking for exactly the same thing for the same reasons. Can't do this weekend though :thumbdown: but would like to be put on the "any takers in the future?" list.

Trevor said:
Great question, I too am looking for exactly the same thing for the same reasons. Can't do this weekend though :thumbdown: but would like to be put on the "any takers in the future?" list.

Your best bet is to decide when you want to go, announce the date and people will join where they can. I just want to go play in the snow.

I cant do the first weekend in December as I will be in Prague but otherwise am happy to fit in with who ever it is that is happy to "show" us around and give us an introduction to off roading in the UK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
I just want to go play in the snow.
X 2 :mrgreen:

If it happens this weekend, we need to try and do something. :idea: Maybe Les or Tommo know some reaosnable lanes within striking distance of London, if the Plain isn't suitable for whatever reason?

PS: What happened to your [s:1n76szk3]custom bashed underbody[/s:1n76szk3]? :roll:

Well, the plan is to build my shed/workshop this weekend. If it snows, at short notice, I am off to where every there are some lanes with snow. I'll speak to Tommo and see what his ones are like. According to BBC, most of London and outlying areas will get snow. Nothing in Salisbury though :(

Andrew Prince said:
PS: What happened to your [s:2571f682]custom bashed underbody[/s:2571f682]? :roll:

I put ASIF plates on (yet to do a post on it...) so now you can't see the bashed parts :cool:

Well i think daytime on the 11th dec then, if i remember correctlly that this is the date for the treasure hunt?

Paul said:
Well i think daytime on the 11th dec then, if i remember correctlly that this is the date for the treasure hunt?

I'm not here that day :(

Is the hunt off then as i thought you and Julian were organising it?

Paul said:
Is the hunt off then as i thought you and Julian were organising it?
I think Julian is still organising it (Paging Julian). I had to bail due to work :(

We could do it on the sunday then as some of us might still be driving around the plain looking for a flag :oops:

I can definately do the following dates:-

Sat 4th, Sun 5th, Sun 12th or Sun 19th December.

I'm due back on the night of the 11th so pass permitting, I should be good for the 12th.

12th could work for me too, assuming it is Salisbury.

SimonD said:
12th could work for me too, assuming it is Salisbury.
It's been a while since we've been there. Should be wet...

How about camping over from the sat night exercise?

Thought you said:
Paul said:
We could do it on the sunday then as some of us might still be driving around the plain looking for a flag :oops:
:lol:

I'll bring breakfast in the morning then...

Would this be open to a newbie?

I will have some AT's fitted otherwise she will be stock std.

Back