Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SAN

Country Flag
united_states
Hello!

I just bought a 2014 Toyota Landcruiser (5.7 L V8). I am in the US in Ca. I do a fair amount of cross country backcountry camping on 4wd drive roads but nothing too extreme.

It is all original now but I want to add new wheels/tires. I want to get the largest wheels that wont rub to start and then potentially lift and go bigger later.

The current set is 285 60 R18. I believe you can switch out to a 17" wheel.

I want to go with a 285 70 R17 which would be 32.76 diameter instead of the 31.5 I have now.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Scott

Welcome Scott, sounds like you have a lot of interesting options ahead of you.
My advice would be to peruse some of the Australian aftermarket parts suppliers and magazines for ideas for what you want to go for on your rig, mine is a little older than yours and I am afraid I have not kept up with the times but I think you should be able to pick up quite a few ideas here, just have a read through the relevant sections of the forum, there is also a search feature.
Have you had a look at the ih8mud forums yet? they are US based so should be a good resource for you.

Welcome Scott, sounds like you have a lot of interesting options ahead of you.
My advice would be to peruse some of the Australian aftermarket parts suppliers and magazines for ideas for what you want to go for on your rig, mine is a little older than yours and I am afraid I have not kept up with the times but I think you should be able to pick up quite a few ideas here, just have a read through the relevant sections of the forum, there is also a search feature.
Have you had a look at the ih8mud forums yet? they are US based so should be a good resource for you.
Thanks!

Good advice from Julian, and welcome to the forum Scott!

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your truck.

It's a good time to post some "before" and "after" shots! :thumbup:

Back