Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice.

Clive, save Chas struggling, my small Airtop measures 2140 mm long, 1260 mm wide if that helps.

Andy

Thanks Andy! :thumbup:

Excuse my ignorance, and it may seem a daft question, but if my ARB rack "basket" internal size is equal to or greater than those dimensions (with say a small clearance of 10mm each side/front & back, for example) would I be able to operate the Air Top, meaning open/close it and use it?

I've only ever seen them mounted to a flat rack and I accept that the basket rack is far from ideal, but I'm trying to save removing the ARB rack each time I mount the Air Top (which I intend to get). It needs four guys to handle it, or a gantry crane...:icon-rolleyes:

Thanks in advance....

Must apologise Clive, just got back tonight at 10:15pm I've been out all day since 5:30am this morning and I completely forgot. :oops:

Must apologise Clive, just got back tonight at 10:15pm I've been out all day since 5:30am this morning and I completely forgot. :oops:

No problem Chas, my truck is still at the doctor and I'm coming to the conclusion that the basket rack is too narrow. Looks like I'll need some bars for an Air Top, if I get one. Again my problem will be finding an Air Top here, might have to take a trip to Bulgaria when the truck is fixed :icon-rolleyes:

would I be able to operate the Air Top, meaning open/close it and use it?
The clips that release the Airtop are front and rear, you will only need a small amount of room to be able to unclip them so the sides would be OK if it was a snug fit.

You could always chop the side and back rails off, except for 500-600mm from the front, and then weld an angled '/' upright each side to give it strength? I may well do that if I go the roof top tent direction.....(Well I will get someone to do it for me as iI cant weld...) slap a bit of hammerite on, job done!

so, this has the 4.2 ltr engine fitted. At some point I will want to upgrade the engine in mine. I was thinking 12HT, although they are rare and expensive. Now I am wondering, how difficult would it be to fit a 4.2? MOre about and maybe cheaper to buy
Anyone done it, anyone know whats involved?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
so, this has the 4.2 ltr engine fitted. At some point I will want to upgrade the engine in mine. I was thinking 12HT, although they are rare and expensive. Now I am wondering, how difficult would it be to fit a 4.2? MOre about and maybe cheaper to buy
Anyone done it, anyone know whats involved?

Here's a good chance to buy a 12ht moggy!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-la...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c419dde77

Very hard to believe, 2 brand new 12ht's, no pumps, manifolds or turbo's tho!

pricey bearing in mind condition unknown (new, but depends how well they have been stored) and no ancils!

Anyway, moving house at the mo so not a goer at the minute. could be a good option if you could find a fully kitted 12HT with a shagged block or sommat.

Back