Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noisey electric window motor?

Dave4D

Country Flag
great_britain
Just wondering if I should be worried or is the normal?
They sound a bit rough like they could do with some lube.
Cheers,
Dave.

I have lubricated the runner/window frame twice over the lifetime of my truck. I used a spray grease to get down in there. It certainly helps the windows move faster, though I can't recall having any noise associated with them

They're all like that mate. Seriously. Lube will help a bit (silicone sprayon the runners). But I've read a few people say theirs are a bit noisy. Ever since I've had the truck (60,000 miles or so) mine seem to sound as though they're on the way out when in fact they're fine.

Mine make a noise but no more than any other car - as long as it's not a gear skipping/crunching type sound I think some lube could not hurt. Just a PITA to dismantle the door card etc.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had this in the drivers side and it sounded a lot like a very dry bearing. The window would almost stall. It turned out to be a very dry slide or runner.
Had to take the door trim off to really get at it. Some lube of some sort on the slide did the trick (vaguely remember wheel bearing grease???), the noise stopped
and the window operated at normal speed again.

Back