Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noisy LC 120 Diesel

No it was done in front of me by a reputable local garage, there was nothing amiss to see sadly.

Cleaned out the EGR valve over the weekend and although it is still a bit noisy when it is cold the chattering is much reduced now when the engine is warmed up. Certainly not as noticeable as it was before I cleaned the EGR, pleased with that bit of progress!

Interesting read. My 2005 (2004 really) has injector numbers on the side of the injectors, not on the top. When I enquired about some recon ones the guy said there were 6 different types of injector for the 120 engines.

I believe it can be a bit of a minefield with the different years and kw for injectors, maybe some who have done it can shed light.
I've recently changed my scv, gas filter, diesel filter and oil/filter, the oil pick up was clear, the sound now is amazing.
It's gone from a 2006 lc3 clattery old diesel to a very much quieter, smoother engine, even my mrs commented when I turned in the yard. It seems that maybe it wasnt looked after correctly by Toyota from a full book of stamps with the previous owner.

Hopefully soon when my computer geek mate sorts out my Techstream I'll be able to see my fuel specs for my injectors and I can take mine out and get the numbers off them and get some recon ones scored.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah ok. Changed the SCV on mine but not done the map filter. Presume this is the mass air flow meter filter?

Referred to as gas(map) filter is seperate item, nothing to do with scv. There's been a recent thread mentioning them, as nobody ( including me) knew what they were.
Maf and Map two different things.

Back