Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Non standard seats in an 80

Garfieldus

Country Flag
ireland
I need to replace the brown cloth seats in my 1997 24v GX.

Hens teeth are not easily found in the form of 80 series beige leather seats and I'm wondering if anyone has put non standard seats into an 80.

100 leather seats have been suggested but I don't know how well they'd fit and how much chopping and changing to the 100 frames would be needed. Maybe they'd fit on 80 frames???

Another option would be to buy grey leather 80 seats and paint them. I believe that changing leather colour can be very successful.

So, has anyone got experience of putting non standard seats into an 80?

If so, can you share your experience with me please?

This is a pretty common mod in OZ, it might be worth having a look on LCOOL?

Did you think about getting them recovered by an upholsterer either? Joinerman on here got his drivers seat done and it looked very good after

Indeed I did, mine was leather though, cost £300, while it was being done I fitted the drivers seat from a ford scorpio which with a bit of bracketry fitted well, non adjustable though but I'm sure that could have been overcome.

This is a pretty common mod in OZ, it might be worth having a look on LCOOL?

Yes, already looked there. Most of the conversions seem to be mega expensive.

Did you think about getting them recovered by an upholsterer either?

No, not for my present cloth seats but may have to get whatever I find reupholstered anyway. I will probably hold out for original 80 seats so I gain electric adjustment also.

I'm amazed Karl, Steff or 80Garry can't help you out with a pair of 2nd hand ones especially the number of petrols that have been broken all with leather seats.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Stefoil is his ebay user ID.

I have had full sets of Leather Gary.
i could do you a good set of grey leather for £500. Have it re coloured maybe £200.
Or wait. I'm sure ill get a set in and quote as above for a full set.

Thanks Karl. All I need are the driver's and front passenger's seats (just the two). I'll hang on for beige.

Presumably £500.00 is for a complete set of pristine seats?

I have had full sets of Leather Gary.
i could do you a good set of grey leather for £500. Have it re coloured maybe £200.
Or wait. I'm sure ill get a set in and quote as above for a full set.

Just to depress me Karl, is a full set all 3 rows...? :|

Hi Gary.
I would say good. Not a1.
a set of seats that were a1 would be in a cruiser that wouldn't be used for parts.
Yes Clive all three rows.

Hi Gary.
I would say good. Not a1.
a set of seats that were a1 would be in a cruiser that wouldn't be used for parts.
Yes Clive all three rows.

Ok thanks Karl.

Can you put my name on the next set of good beige leather seats (just the front two) you get please?

Back