Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NorCounty

NorCounty

Hi,

This is Jennifer from NorCounty Insurance Services. I've just registered with you and I'd like to find out if there is a way of me advertising my company with you / sponsoring your site?

i have a small, very efficiently run insurance brokerage and an excellent 4x4 scheme and I know that a number of your members are already happily insured though ourselves.

Number one priority... we offer a no-nonsense approach and will happily chat with customers, new and old!

If anyone knows of a way I might be able to advertise my services I'd love to hear from them.

Thank you

Jennifer

Re: Adrian Flux

Welcome Jennifer, you'll be getting a call from me very soon.
Chas

Re: Adrian Flux

I phoned Norcounty today to get a quote on a modified 4x4, and all the mods were fine, but they were unable to quote for vehicles that aren't kept at the home address. :thumbdown:

The joy of shopping for vehicle insurance. :sick:

Admin Edit: Topic split ...

Jennifer - what's the chances of setting up a Group Scheme, closed to all but the members of this club (who wish to be involved) - unfortunately in the UK only, due to current legislation? So we could set our own limits, exclusions and benefits,etc., within reason, and you could buy the best underwriting there is for a group of vehicles. Most here are modified in some way, whilst staying legal, and we struggle with schemes that are open to Joe Public because of various factors, claims history etc. No-one here, as far as I know, races their 4wd, and that would be excluded, but we all (mostly) use them on unpaved, but legal, roads from time-to-time, with the occasional foray to North Africa and Europe. Or even Mongolia :lol:

Surely a brokerage like yours could offer us a custom Group Scheme that covers 80 - 85% of what we want? Happy to run a straw poll for you, but I'm pretty sure a lot of us would be interested.

Regards

:thumbup: I would certainly be interested in a group scheme, you all know the trouble I've had finding cover for my modified 80. :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just to add to Gary post, I also need cover for 4x4 Response cover. If this can be added to the list then I would give you a call next time mine is due.

NorCounty said:
Hi,

This is Jennifer from NorCounty Insurance Services. I've just registered with you and I'd like to find out if there is a way of me advertising my company with you / sponsoring your site?

i have a small, very efficiently run insurance brokerage and an excellent 4x4 scheme and I know that a number of your members are already happily insured though ourselves.

Number one priority... we offer a no-nonsense approach and will happily chat with customers, new and old!

If anyone knows of a way I might be able to advertise my services I'd love to hear from them.

Thank you

Jennifer

I'm sure that folks will talk to you for options, but I suggest that you read my post from yesterday about Adrian Flux, and the problems of getting 'off-road' cover. The 'off-road' element seems to be where most insurers stumble - even the NFU for goodness sake.

I guess that this will depend very much on the insurance companies definition of off-road as we are always leading each other to believe that a Green Lane, White Lane, By-Way, BOAT...............etc are all just roads without TARMAC.

What is Highways definition then Andrew?

edit- Ah, hang on a mo......I'd forgotten that I'm insured with Highway myself, but just not through NorCounty :)

So under 'General Exclusions' item 7 as you say, it says;

7. The insured car being used on any form of race track, de-restricted toll road (including the Nurburgring) or off-road activity.

Mmmmm.............. :think: I wonder what that means then :?:

Adrian Flux who I currently insure my LC80 through cover me for my 4x4 Response work and off-road driving. The Insurance underwriters are Trinity Lane and they have it built into most of their 4x4 policies at no extra cost.

However, I would be happy if someone could come up with a custom policy that took into account my own personal skills and driving history instead of lumping me in with a lot of high risk drivers, extreme off-roaders and boy racers.

I use norcountry for my cruiser insurance - thoroughly recommend - great value and for once a sensible insurance company that doesn't freak out when a vehicle is modified!

Just spoke to Norcountry

the better 4x4 insurance deal only covers vehicles 7-years or older
they wouldnt cover a new Hilux with modifications

Yes, this came up when I transferred my insurance from Fiery to Swampy! Jenifer had to go away and speak to the underwriters before she could transfer the insurance across due the newer age of the vehicle! As you've said the insurers are now not covering newer modified vehicles, but I was not aware of the cut off point at that time.

interesting, even though Swampy must be 11yrs old? so well outside the 7-yr cutoff age

might not be able to modify my new Hilux for a while then...

Back