Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

not a good day !

daverdlc

Country Flag
england
started out going to the petrol station to put some diesel additive in and fill up with diesel 50 ltrs al was well i reversed her onto the drive which is on an incline anyway 1 hour later i go to go out in the car and notice i nice big puddle of diesel under the car ???
I'm thinking that maybe the tank has rotted through at the front somewhere near the top ?
I'm bloody gutted ! didn't factor in the cost of a replacement tank :angry-screaming:

Check the filler pipe and connections around there, it's the most likely place to start. Replaced my filler pipe not long ago as it had rotted through.

No, all accessible from the wheel arch

cheers for that bob looks straight forwards :thumbup:
i will check it out after ive been to the dentist in the morning

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cheers for that bob looks straight forwards :thumbup:
i will check it out after ive been to the dentist in the morning

Blimey, a fuel leak and the dentist, you're having a really bad week...

Hope it's a simple fix....

haha tell me about it Clive
it gets worse while i was poking around the truck i discovered the the front bumper support on the off side have rotted away :pray:

If it’s not the filler pipes, look up between the tank guard and the axle at the fuel pipes there. Mine had rotted clips on the flexible pipes and the rigid pipes on the top of the tank were not too good either. It’s not too bad a job dropping the tank if you get most of the fuel out and it’ll give you a chance to check for rust and clean the pickup filter (if you can get the screws undone).

cheers flint might as well check while I'm poking around

Back