Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oakleigh Garage, Chesham

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
I was just wondering if anyone had any dealings with Oakleigh Garage in Chesham?

They have a high mileage but mint cruiser in and I was thinking of taking a trip down to see it. As I live in NE Scotland it will be a a case of a few days away from home to view it. What i wanted to know was whether they were a reasonably trustworthy car dealer (as far as car dealers go!!) The guy seems to have been pretty honest with me but I didn't want to set out to go and see it to be presented with a rough old nail.

Any help will be greatly received :thumbup:

Thanks in advance

I don't have any experience of the garage but, why not see if one on the guys here is local to Chesham? They could be 'your eyes' and give it the once over before you make the trip.... just a thought.

Is it the Red 80 24v manual one you are looking at?

no its a white 80 4.2 12v

It has 200K on the clock but is supposedly mint with loads of history. I have a mate popping in tomorrw who works about 5 miles away. I will know more by then

Me N Tommo went there on Saturday as Tommo is looking at 80s.
The guy who runs it knows 80s very well and ships the dogs abroad because he can get top wack for them.
His prices are very high but he knows that if he bides his time he will get the price in the UK or sell to India or Africa etc.
His adverts leave a lot to be desired but when talking to him he is straight enough with fairly honest appraisals of his vehicles.
He has more 80s than those advertised. The super jacked up one is a look alike and not an artic conversion contrary to the advert that does 36mpg with it's gearing according to the man :hand: .
I can't remember which was which but a few I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, maybe Tommo can remember the white one in particular.

He owns a grey 24v that he is prepping to drive to India and there is a blue import in the body shop with rear barn doors which is the first I have seen in the UK.

Anyway, give Tommo a shout as he has a lot better memory than me.
If the fella is to be believed he has just sold a near perfect 24v 80 with 60k on the clock for £16,000. It did drive perfectly but who would pay that much for an R plate 80?

Ecky Thump said:
If the fella is to be believed he has just sold a near perfect 24v 80 with 60k on the clock for £16,000. It did drive perfectly but who would pay that much for an R plate 80?

There was this one place we stayed at in Ulaanbaatar where owner just bought an jap import 80 24v 1997 auto with a 4" lift and some bling and he payed 18000 USD and he said that it was cheap :shock:

no wonder 80 prices in the UK are so high

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well my mate went to Oakleigh Garage to look at a white Landcruiser for me. Now the salesman told me the truck was mint inside and out with not a spot of rust and damn near mechanically perfect. Mmm not bad for a 200K motor I thought.

My mate got there and was on the phone within minutes. Transmission leaks, both front swivels are goosed and pishing oil out, oil leak from engine, rot all over the tailgate, scratches everywhere. The only decent bit on the car is the nice interior so he says. Needless to say its not worth the £5.5K they are asking for it so wont be going for that one.

He does have another white one with lower mileage for £6.5K in a lot better knick but that one is way out of my budget so I'm still looking :roll:

Have any of you seen the prices that Oakleigh garage are currently asking for their 80's? Wow :o , if he can get them sort of prices then 80 series owners are surely sitting on appreciating gold mines? ;) http://www.oakleighgaragesales.co.uk/28 ... d-cars.htm

It would appear that Oakleigh and Chequered Flag are competing against each other to have the largest stock and highest priced 80's for sale in the UK.

Those that keep half an eye on the 80 series market will recognize some of the vehicles from ebay, auto trader and even our very own classified section. You may even recall what their previous owners were asking for them, compared to their current asking price. Funny thing this inflation we keep hearing about on the news :shock: .

Cheers,

Scott.

Think it may be time to go and ask the bank manager for a decent wedge of money and start buying them up. :D :D, mind you with my luck the UK government would ban them as soon as I h enough stock! :violin:

This was recently advertised on here for £13.5k ono.

Oakleigh now have it on their forecourt for £20k :o

I guess those of us who already own 80's shouldn't complain, it helps keep our resale value up if we decide to sell :thumbup:

Back