Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD2 ?? on 1997 Landcruiser 80 Diesel 1HD-FT RHD for the Japanese market

israel

Hi People,
I am sruggling with this OBD issue for quite some time and hopefully with the combined experience I will be able to get the answers

1. Does this car have an OBD2? Where is the connector located?

2. If not can anyone provide a pointer to a detailed OBD1 codes list and the related possible failure.

Thanks guys,
Israel:icon-confused:

Comprehensive Info on OBD2 Compliance

Hi Nivapilot,
Thanks. What exactly is ROBD2?

In the mean time I got I would say a very comprehensive answer on my question. This reply I think will clarify almost all questions related to OBD2
I am not allowed yet to post links (cause I don"t have yet 15 posts) but if you google "how do i know if my car ia obd II compliant" you will find the link in the Scantool company website

Now my additional question:
Anybody knows where I can find for my car a list of OBD1 failure codes and their interpretation. I assume that my car has this OBD1 stuff

Thanks,
Israel:icon-biggrin:

Don't know about this particualr model; but in any case, the OBD version would not be obd-II. The best you could hope for is Mobd (Multiplex obd, t0yotas version). There where no diesel LC with obd-II up to and including the 100-series.

Also, be aware that info from american sites might pertain to vehicles solld in the US market only, and they where obliged to be obd-II compliant earlier than other markets.

Thanks uHu.
I gave up on OBD2 and actually I posted few minutes ago a pointer to alink that gives all the information on the regulations that introduced OBD2 in USA and Europe.

The question now is weather or not it has some kind of OBD (OBD1?) and what are the codes.
From other threads if you have an OBD1 there is a certain procedure with a paper clip and two terminal to generate the codes.
Do you know by any chance how to find out if it has OBD1 and what are the codes

Thanks,
Israel

Sorry Israel my post should have read EOBD = electronic on board diagnostics

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The E in EOBD is Enhanced I thought?

I remember finding a Chinese site that claimed to have readers for all Toyota's from 1996. I'll see if I can find it again.

Thanks OG and Nivapilot
OG, It will be great if you can find this Chinese site

Thanks OG.
Nothing about OBD on this site related to cars from 1996.

Back