Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oh dear, not good...

Oh sh!t,

I got an idea how you feel. pretty roughed up I imagine.
And what Paul said about Land Cruisers 'going' but not 'stopping' any better than other vehicles, only emphersises the fact.

As a matter of question, what tyres have you got on the Land Cruiser ? for possible later insurance inspections

Graham

Sorry to hear about your accident. :(

Looking on the bright side, at least you and your passengers escaped without any serious injuries - the truck can always be repaired or replaced and will be covered by the insurance either way.

Thanks for the votes of confidence, gents.

Repairer just phoned me this morning. :o :o :o :o :o
Get this. a £17k repair bill, about £12k of that on parts alone. Officially a write off.

Watch this space. I am officially on the look out now for a 2005ish LC5 auto. Any help on this one appreciated. Hopefully will have a bout £12k to deal with unless I can scrounge a couple more £k from somewhere ;)

I'm in NI but can travel to Scot/ Wales/ Eng if necessary.

Shit, but I'm stiff and sore today. :violin:

Wow, that is some repiar bill. Have to say it does not look that bad :cry:

On the plus side, you don't have to worry about the seals now..... some peoiple will go to any lenghts to avoide a bit of maintenance :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Glad to hear yere all safe and sound. I had a skid myself last week, 15km/hr into the bank at the side of the road, looking for a gold bumper now. Machines can be fixed. Any money u feel you are losing now will be nothing to what you will lose if you damage yourself and lose some of your quality of life.
Hope you make a full recovery!

Here's a few pics I took whilst down today getting the phone kit, my garage door remote, rear tyres (yes you read that right) and the Lindop chip and all the other detritus that collects in 21 months or so. Also had to leave off the keys and the rear seats that normally live in the garage.

Easier to see, now that the bonnet is up, where the potential bill came from. Well damaged in the inner whheel arch area, the passenger foor well is pushed back a little to leave the glove box tight and this is reflected in the doors on the n/s both being misaligned. A harder collision than I remember by all accounts. :o :o

Found a nice little seat belt bruise while in the shower today too. Only about 50mm long but really painful. :)

20122010046-1.jpg

20122010049.jpg

20122010048.jpg

20122010047.jpg

In all honesty, it all looked a bit sad really, leaving it for the last time. It'll be picked up in the next day or so and will find its way into the scrappers world.

So long faithful friend. :crying-yellow:

Did you and passengers ever visit the doctor? Better safe than sorry.
Also documented for insurance puposes too.

:oops:

Eh, no. No passengers; only me driving and will do if whiplash doesn't ease in a day or so. Better today I think, which is good, as I was very uncomfortable yesterday.

Glad your not too sore! But do get checked out, better safe than sorry, and the sooner the better.

Hate asking this as I sound a bit like a Vulture circling but.....
any chance of you getting the Back Light cluster off the side thats damaged? or is it too late? Few beer tokens in it for you if you can easily, dont worry if its any hassle, its not a necessity.

Too late Scuba. Won't be back near it. It will be available for breaking and if I hear when/where, I'll let you know. Damaged area aside, everything in full working order. Nice new (18months) front calipers on it too.

Sorry to hear of your 'bump' NC - hope you are back in fine fettle for Christmas & get sorted with a new truck PDQ...

Back