Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OOP'S I LOST MY SNORKEL TEMPLATE

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,
I was looking at my snorkel again last night, then realised, I have 'misplaced' the instructions and the template.

I did have it, but I last remember looking at it in Beijing.
SAM_0280.jpg

SAM_0285.jpg

You cant see the big 'air hole' in the images, but it is center cut, and perferated.

So, any one got a Safari template, or any one willing to help me fit it ?

I made a replacement template, but dont really know here on the wing to fix the template, so as to mark the drill holes.

Graham

Attachments

• SAM_0280.jpg
    SAM_0280.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 173
  • SAM_0285.jpg
    SAM_0285.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 161
Well that's a bummer.

Sorry, can't help with the template. I turfed mine when I was done. As for placement, the left edge goes against the edge of the body panel and the top edge sits where the bonnet meets the wing.

How did you make the replacement template? Pretty sure you could find one on google and print it?

ah, thought we had moved the posts across. My concern is how accurate is the template. There is not much room for error when drilling a 95mm hole in the side of your truck :?

I made ( well she made ) the template by firstly cutting the large 'air hole' in good strong paper.
Then put the paper with the hole, over the air hole on the snorkel.
Then marked the 5 mounting holes, putting a stud in each paper hole, to keep it aligned to the snorkel itself.

It is very accurate, at least as good as the original.
However, I don't know where to position the new template against the wing.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, if have have a look at Gary's pics it gives you an idea.
I could measure from the headlight point to the edge of my snorkel and edge of door to snorkel and top edge of wing to snorkel. You might be able to line it up with those?
Disclaimer: yadda yadda ya. :cool:

Hi Gary,

Thats a great starter,

yes please

Graham

Shame. Measure twice, or maybe more. Cut once.

Chris

Back