Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

original wheels hzj 79 ,Dunlop SP qualifier TG 21 (split rims)

blackbanan

Country Flag
canada
I have four of these new wheels, original Japanese equipment HZJ 79, the question of experience from raid
IMG_20150220_185323.jpg
IMG_20150220_185304.jpgIMG_20150220_185250.jpg
Thx paul

Nice wheels. Hold onto them. Even if they might not be good for everday use, they're great for overlanding. Look up "The Magic-number Car Tires" on landcruisingadventure dot com. (I can't post urls yet.)

Split rims are better off on the scrap heap. They rust out and you have to run tubes with them and getting quality tubes these days is not so easy..The Dunlop tyres are there so the vehicle can roll out of the factory , onto a ship and off to another country where someone else can pay for new tyres.
I got rid of 4 of them for $20 each with tyres that came with my 1st 75 series, then i bought another 75 series that came with 6 of them, now I have to find a way of getting rid of them. I can use 2 on the trailer and another as a spare for the trailer,so now Im down to 3.
Mining companies offload them at auctions ,they get $50 a pallet on a good day.

1HZ PICS 009 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Maybe so, but I sold the last set of tyres for £100, the wheels for £50 and a third guy even gave me £25 for the inner tubes. So if anyone's interested, let me know, I'm Northamptonshire/Leicestershire based.

Pete

Shame your inCanada, I really really want a set of these!

These new ones are 5 stud, i think the older ones are 6 stud? Just incase you are thinking of putting them on an older truck?

Back