Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Our HZJ79

Reisverhartel

Garage
Country Flag
netherlands
Modifications are underway. Black rims with AT's for overlanding. Rockslides. Protections screen for the radiator. Bulbar is for later when we hope to travel outside Europe. This very useful safety bar is apparently not conform european regulations.
Keep you updated.

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3142.JPG

Nice! :drool:

I love the style sided tubs on 70's, they just look so right! :icon-biggrin:

Such a shame they arnt sold in Australia. :doh:

Maximal invasive surgery with the best intentions to a healthy overliving overlander.

IMG_3576.JPG IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3579.JPG IMG_3580.JPG

Work in progress, floor transplantation, roof rack implant, mesh graft for the radiator.

IMG_3560.JPG IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3585.JPG IMG_3586.JPG IMG_3587.JPG

Looking good Reis. That looks an ideal base for an overland camper. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Easy (ish) to do a pop top onnthat I would imagine. It looks right, as Ben said, the tubs look right but that superstructure also looks dead right too.
Nice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking the business, very smart!

I'm struggling to get BFG AT KO2s in Romania, in the size I want, are 305/70/16s available in Holland?

If they are, then some contact details would be much appreciated, once I have a source, I can arrange transport and import myself.

Looking the business, very smart!

I'm struggling to get BFG AT KO2s in Romania, in the size I want, are 305/70/16s available in Holland?

If they are, then some contact details would be much appreciated, once I have a source, I can arrange transport and import myself.

Any good?
https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/bfgoodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko/305-70-r16-124-121r-411771
https://www.anvelopelider.ro/anvelopa-auto/bfgoodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko/305-70-r16-124-121r-411771

Looking good Reis. That looks an ideal base for an overland camper. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Easy (ish) to do a pop top onnthat I would imagine. It looks right, as Ben said, the tubs look right but that superstructure also looks dead right too.
Nice.
Thanks Stan, the roof pops up straight, so we can stand, we will sleep on the banks. At least, we will test that. Eventually a construction to sleep higher may be possible but for the moment stretches the budget a bit;).

Great truck!
Btw allamerican imports in Kaatsheuvel sell a nice turbo kit to spice up the engine a bit.
You're welcome to do a test drive in my hzj75 to feel the difference.

Great truck!
Btw allamerican imports in Kaatsheuvel sell a nice turbo kit to spice up the engine a bit.
You're welcome to do a test drive in my hzj75 to feel the difference.
Thank you. That is very kind of you. We have absolutely no idea if we will miss power and speed. Possibly we will contend for the competition of slowest travellers and probably we will be quite happy with that. The Andes are still far away. We will try Valkenburg and Norway first. Then we will see. Anyway the motor is equipped with a hig altitude compensator, indispensible in Holland;)). Good tip anyway, thanks again.? Will be happy to meet.

Thank you Firewout & Charlie, I'll give them a go... :thumbup:

Aha, I get it. That's really neat how that pop up top works. The whole thing telescopes upwards. I really like that mainly because it looks so smart when closed, not like a pop top at all. There's a video on YouTube of Will Smith's RV which does that (but on a much bigger scale :) ). Like it a lot.

Aha, I get it. That's really neat how that pop up top works. The whole thing telescopes upwards. I really like that mainly because it looks so smart when closed, not like a pop top at all. There's a video on YouTube of Will Smith's RV which does that (but on a much bigger scale :) ). Like it a lot.
Ok. Saw the youtube. Amazing! However curious about the offroad capacities. A bit more complicated tapestry as well. Interested how the battery management is designed;)).

Back