Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overlanding / camping gadgets..

stan

Ive just come back from an outdoor show and found some new and interesting bits of kit, so im going to post different bits of kit that i think maybe usefull, not vehicle modifications and not necessarily essential just usefull..

so well start with the coffee press..
Heres a link to it, theres many coffee gadets out there but this ine is cheap and simple!
http://the-overlander.myshopify.com/collections/camping-cooking/products/bo-camp-coffee-press

i use this daily, other members have them so feedback appreciated!

You love that blooming coffee press :laughing-rolling:

The kettle is great. Still very happy with it.

The coffee press is my best seller lol
i sold that many one week online the webhost company thought it was spam!

more gadets soon...

i still have youre cookset here as well karl ;-)

No thats the only one, i did measure it and take a photo but its gone with my smashed iphone, ill do it again!

Heres another really good product we have just found..

there are many solutions to the shower, from a fully plumbed in hot and cold system to the old solar shower bar hung from a tree. they all have their pros and cons, but how about this one..

http://the-overlander.myshopify.com/collections/camp-showers/products/nemo-helio-pressure-shower

this is pure genius.

i built an MAN 8.136 camper truck to live and travel in with my family. The shower in the truck was a pump up weed killer spray bucket with a shower head. No electrics to go wrong, just add hot and cold to the required temp..the helio is the next best thing to my adaption, as its compact and can also be solar.
a really good back up to the plumbed in solution as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seriously? Nope I don't think I can get behind that one Stan. Way to low tech for me. Oooh lovely, 5-7 minutes of freezing cold water for £80? Try that in a car park after being on the beach in Northumberland. Now if it were solar and you had warm water that might make me think... OK so no it wouldn't. I'd like to see that one on Dragon's Den.

"So would any of you millionaire Dragons like to try a shower........"

Sorry but I'm out. :lol:

Now the coffee press, well I have two and they're brilliant.

Surely a kettle full of hot water in it would do the trick?!
im all for low tech , ill find a picture of the pump up weed killer shower thing i made..:icon-biggrin:
I like hi tech stuff as well, but it always seems to break on me!

More stuff soon :dance:

Heres another new one..
not that neccessary for general UK travel, but to be homest id have one in the truck for just in case.
http://the-overlander.myshopify.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/lifestraw-personal

Living in the lakes and hiking you often drink from a stream and hope theres no dead sheep further up!
This simple filter takes away that risk.

the straw can be in the emergency kit bag, or the bottle could be a more goto item.

the guys off to morocco could consider it as although bottled water is plentifull stuck out in the deset with a blown diff and only well water to drink , this could be the difference between a bad day and a really bad night!!

Blown diff? OK own up, who's coming in a Landrover ..

I carry a very similar emergency purifier on trips, never used but there just in case

I always carry some Katadyn tablets. I looked at the straw awhile ago but it doesn't make me feel it does the job 100%.Maybe I should do some tests.

Attachments

• Katadyn mp.jpg
    Katadyn mp.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 118
My gadgets:

Biolite stove: Really useful the other day when the USB charger in the car decided not to charge anything any longer....

Katadyn Vario filter:
Tends not to come away with us, as we're often only away for a couple of nights so 10-20l of water carried with us is enough, but for longer trips it will come with us in the future, especially where there is older tank water available or creek water.

I like the biolites, well be getting them soon as well!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438502802.946465.jpg
Stan, the water container fits perfectly, cheers Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11828572_10153472034495856_5876280173006637562_n.jpg

Biolite in action

Really good, the pot with the heat sink in the bottom heats up so quickly, might have to get the kettle as well cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back