Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Photo Albums

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
In the never ending activity of turning features on (and off?) I’ve put a link on the top menu for Photo Albums.
You can upload all your photos here and link to them in posts or just use it as a way to share albums. I do believe there is a way (I might have to turn it on?) that allows you, the user, to stop the album being public and only for forum members. More on that later.

So, if you have some photos you would like to use for something, say a blog (see Ben’s flurry of activity!) or a thread (waiting for Chris’ burnt starter motor pics) or just a here’s my 4x4 photos, have a whirl at the album and let’s see how it goes.

Please, no “here’s my wife and I at the nudist colony” photos please. (Must find a :throwing-up: smiley….)

Cheers,
Crispin

Can I request that we look into how to batch upload as at themoment you can only upload one picture at a time which takes ages. Unless im doing it wrong as i cant hold down ctrl and select nor can i hold down shift and select files.

I know I can increase it to allow multiple files, how much that helps I don't know. I've increased it to 5 now.
I cannot see a way to have a nice drag and drop style of upload (yet...)

Hopefully that is ok for now.

Hi Crispin,

I have just uploaded a couple, to see how it works.
Now how would I link to one of them so it would display in a topic at a later date maybe?

Gra.

Graham,

When you click on the picture, there is the BB code under it. Much like when you use Photo Bucket.
Copy that and past it into the post.

What would be nicer is if you can get the snippet when viewing the thumbnails (less clicking for you)
I'll have a poke around and see if there is a mod to change all that for the better.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Gra

You kindly posted on how to upload pics. Is it the same for this site or is it a bit different at the end?

Frank

Hi Frank, yes I would like to do it again, and make it better.
Make it more easy for members to follow, more better images with pointing arrows etc.

I would also like to make a "How to resize" images
So instead of uploading the full size 4 to 5 meg (4000 x 3000 pix) images from a camera.
There is a simple program that will resize individual, and also resize batches, very easily, and very quickly.

Gra.

Back