Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Plasma cutter

smart ass comment.
it looks to me like the step to make getting in and out of a car/van easier.
stu

no the smart ass comment was mine not yours.
sorry grant

it looks to me like the step to make getting in and out of a car/van easier.

nothing smart ass about that Stu - spot on. Export market is growing and we have to get them 100% right as fixing them out in the field is a problem. We just did a trial order of 10 to the Middle East for a national ambulance service, and a similar order to HK goes out this week. It's that perennial problem - trying to keep costs down and get the quality right!

BTW did anyone spot anything to do with LCs in this thread?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used to fix the Wheel chair ramps on the national express coaches and they were crap. even from the factory they wouldn't work.
I have come across some of your type of step before and they never seem to last that long when they get salt and road grime in them.

Could you not ask you supplier to cut them to size when you are buying them?
I expect I know the supplier and they do cut to size some times it works out cheaper then pissing about cutting it all your self.

Stu

I have come across some of your type of step before and they never seem to last that long when they get salt and road grime in them.

that's why we put a cover on it - as far as possible it's enclosed. That's a bit like saying the 1HD-FTE doesn't last long if you don't change the oil. We do heavier duty cantilever ones that sit inside - a double step. We also replace the ones that other people have provided - we've got a prison van in this week to replace a step - the one that's on it is crap. It's like a trampoline!

Could you not ask you supplier to cut them to size when you are buying them?
I expect I know the supplier and they do cut to size some times it works out cheaper then pissing about cutting it all your self.

Stu

not possible - we bought a boat load at a cheap price - getting it custom cut costs a fortune.

cheers

Anyone got any experience with these - bearing in mind we have tread at 250mm and 300mm so the wider tread would be right up to the stated capacity limit of the saw
I only have experience of the small one I linked to but max width on that is slightly larger than the spec says.

that's why we put a cover on it - as far as possible it's enclosed. That's a bit like saying the 1HD-FTE doesn't last long if you don't change the oil. We do heavier duty cantilever ones that sit inside - a double step. We also replace the ones that other people have provided - we've got a prison van in this week to replace a step - the one that's on it is crap. It's like a trampoline

I worked on a lot of vehicles in the public sector and the steps do not get serviced at all. That's all I was saying.

Get you name out there and you will do well. Try a company called Carlisle bus parts they would buy them from you.
stu

When the time comes to invest, have a word with Robbie O'Brian at Prosaw (www.prosaw.co.uk) I used to work for them and they should be able to help you out or even help you find someone to cut the profiles for you.
I used to supply some one in Thetford who made ramps etc.

Cheers
Steve

Back