Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Please Help the Newbe!!!! How difficult is it to change from Lhd to Rhd?

Alwyn Wallace

Hi everyone

Im looking at a 1984 bj42 but its left hand drive. Im looking at taking it back to South Africa in the long turm which means I need to convert it to Right hand drive. So my question is how difficult is this job?

I would just say thank you in advance for any responce's guys

Alwyn

difficult, but certainly not impossible. You could fabricate it all yourself or get a right hand drive cowl and replace and then swap round the steering, exhaust etc etc. Depends how nice the bj42 is now and would it be a shame to swap it all over.

I might try the guy on the 40 series forum on IH8MUD.There is a few owners who have done it in the opposite direction ,RHD to LHD.
Easist way is wait till you get to ZA and find a wrecked donor and use parts off that.
Certainly doable ,just depends on your skill level

Hi Gents, thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I have a old 1976 40series. Which is a complete rust bucket but the drive train is complete and its RHD. so i figured I might be albe to use some bits from that. As far as my skills are concerned Ive owned three landrovers so well used to swinging spanners :) I'll have a look at Ih8mud too

Thanks Again

Hi Guys, I just wanted to thank you for you help but unfortunately the vehicle I was looking at turned out to be a scam. Its on Gumtree for £3500 but he wanted to bill me via ebay but it just didnt seem right. So I contacted Ebay and they have informed me that it is all fake. Its a pity though because it looks stunning.

Just looked it up. If it too good to be true then it usually is! It seems to be happening more and more. I had been watching an old Ford v8 flat head Pilot a few weeks back, it sold for around 8k(fair price) one week later my eBay searches picks it back up for sale with a classified listing for only 4,000.
Wa@k£rs

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back