Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PM's

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Is it just me or does anyone else find it quite quirky that in our Private messages and unread message is shown as an open envelope icon and a read one is closed.

Blakie

Yup, it's been pointed out that the icon's appear backwards.
When I get the new theme finished, or in a usable state, it will be a lot easier to use. it will be easier to distinguish between read and unread threads, PMs etc, just all in all, look a bit better than the blue.

For those who like the blue, it'll stay as an option.

While you at it, can we have English English :icon-twisted:
English.jpg

So very glad you're glad Paul

Is that going to be the colours for the new theme, or is that just a test one?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ooer! my screens gone all brown, how can I change it back?

Thanks Tony, with the brown style if some text was in red I had great trouble reading it, probably my old eyes.

In the advanced mode when replying there only seems to be the one block of smileys whereas before there used to be a button to see more which is not there now, is there a way of getting them back. :think:

Thanks Tony, with the brown style if some text was in red I had great trouble reading it, probably my old eyes.

In the advanced mode when replying there only seems to be the one block of smileys whereas before there used to be a button to see more which is not there now, is there a way of getting them back. :think:

Still there for me??

Smilies.jpg

Just checked again, . . . not there, just the one block. :thumbdown:

I like the brown tones and orange, not so keen on the red and blue bits but that's probably just what you haven't got to yet :icon-smile:

The red bits are where I have changed it to make it glaringly obvious what I am changing. I can then go back and change the red bits back to the correct colour.
It's very much a WIP for now.

There are a few customisations which I have made to the current theme which will not show on the new one. I need to update it once done. That might be what you are seeing Chas.

I realise there is a lot of change going on at the moment, but the blue style is much clearer to view than the brown which looks 'muddy' and why am I not allowed to edit my posts, I looked somewhere, I can't remember now where it was and it said I am not allowed to edit. :think: and I also am missing the 'more' smiley button, it is obviously there for others. :think:

Also why do the smileys in the block keep changing position, in this post I used the thinking smiley twice and each time it was in a different place, very confusing.

Yup, there are an immense amount of things you can change and most have a slightly obscure name. There was no flashing neon-green so red was the easiest option to see if something stood out. Having a changed a lot of things to red, I am now finding all sorts of weird things red and cannot remember what it was I changed. Good thing there is a search function for it

I realise there is a lot of change going on at the moment, but the blue style is much clearer to view than the brown which looks 'muddy' and why am I not allowed to edit my posts, I looked somewhere, I can't remember now where it was and it said I am not allowed to edit. :think: and I also am missing the 'more' smiley button, it is obviously there for others. :think:

Also why do the smileys in the block keep changing position, in this post I used the thinking smiley twice and each time it was in a different place, very confusing.

If you like the blue style then you're more than welcome to keep it (or change it back to blue when the style is swapped over)
Please posts the "why can't I" questions to the snag list. I cannot follow multiple "why won't my xxx work" threads and forget about things.

.... Also why do the smileys in the block keep changing position, in this post I used the thinking smiley twice and each time it was in a different place, very confusing.
Most likely because the smileys have the same numerical ID, this will make their position appear randomly in the block. If they had unique IDs it would fix it.

Back