Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pop Tops - Alucab vs Mulgo

troopy2020

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, very new to the club and Landcruisers! I'm picking up my very first Troopy soon and doing a pop top conversion first up (amongst other things). I'd like to hear some opinions on Alucab vs Mulgo in Australia, as I'm struggling to make a decision and I cannot find any info out there that compares the two. They both review very well and are subtly different - we are a couple of average height, we surf, dive and fish, but my hubby will probably get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I love the lower profile and the bed upgrade option of the Mulgo, amongst other things, and if anyone needs to get out during the night they minimally disturb the other as there's the open gap at the end of the bed, but the Alucab has a 2 part bed that closes in that remaining part, therefore giving a longer bed and perhaps keeping any heat in in winter. This can be a positive or negative depending on which end you have your head, if your head is at the rear of the vehicle when you sleep then anyone getting up in the middle of the night impacts on their sleep as you have to lift that section, I'm not sure how much room there is to put your head at the narrow section. I'm heading to Sydney to try and check out both soon, but I would be appreciative of anyone who has any experience with either! Cheers.

Also consider Alu Innovations as they do ship to Europe , Aussie etc and retain the classic Troopy look.

ACtC-3c6qslzZ0_e9gPbGZvDpmsx7G5olfDehBB43SQrTxb99eeZoyIiAW-_CTy32Gprczb4gPdKWJ_xlZiPwOy-V1eG-PtF8IL0dG6Q_iYZNv6nmwiIIs2pR2ukxxDzoITXQ1Qaet7C-iz-mLEOKR3TRX6t=w1024-h768-no

I am not very familiar with either Mulgo or ALucab, But for me one nice feature of the pop top i have (from a european company which i know you cannot access from Aus) is that you can open and close it from inside. all the latches etc are on the inside which i think is smart and better from a security point of view.

I looked at both the Mulgo and AluCab, before finally opting for the AluCab. IMHO both have their own good & bad point, the Mulgo has internal locking Latches and the AluCab has a longer bed with its fold down second flap. I’m happy with the AluCab, but I think you have to look at which suits your needs the best.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bmonck, what was the European company called for your poptop?

Garage le Grange in Belgium who work in partnership with PSP in holland.
let me know if you want an intro

No way what happened to the 80??
The pop top does look a little bit more comfortable, nice motor.

Yes please. How do you find it? Does the seal extend around all 4 sides? And leaks? If you have any pics that would be great. Can't seem to find much out there

No way what happened to the 80??
The pop top does look a little bit more comfortable, nice motor.
Hi Craig - yes still have my trusted 80.
But building the Troopy for an extended trip as soon as the scientists have bashed the virus on the nose !

Yes please. How do you find it? Does the seal extend around all 4 sides? And leaks? If you have any pics that would be great. Can't seem to find much out there
I am still building out the interior so haven’t used it for camping yet. But all seems well made and water tight on new roof.
E418FF67-9395-423B-BC96-3E79862EE0F6.jpeg

Back