Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Possible fuel issue. New member

Alternatively, post your location in the lounge area of the forum seeking garage recommendations in your vacinity .

But mine has a sensor on it and the European ones don’t does that mean it can still be blanked? Sorry now for all the questions and thanks for all your help Shayne much appreciated.
AB4DFC76-D561-4B08-BBC6-CE419CCEAD30.jpeg

The sensor tells the egr when to open or close but when the passage of gas is blocked the sensor has nothing to read and becomes redundant .

Sorry to her you have had this s**t mate.
Agree with GOK and Shayne, Get it back and change mechanic. Pure guesswork, parts changers at work there, with you as the cash cow.
The clue is in, - he THOUGHT the injectors and pump could be the issue, manufacturing work, assuming they were even refurbished as stated.
Now saying egr not functioning ??
Time to pull the plug mate, find someone by recommendation, and/or get a workshop manual to tackle the egr/throttle body cleaning.

Shayne, not that familiar with the 90 series engine, will the blank plate need a 6mm hole in it to fool the ecu ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks @Tractionman but my problem now is I’m in so deep now I’m not going to pay him unless it’s sorted and he’s not going to let me take it away unless I pay him so I’m kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. I’m just going to have to stick it out now and hopefully this is the problem and will finally sort it. I’m sick of it now at this stage. Thanks to ye all for the feedback and especially @Shayne top man. Fingers crossed this will sort it.

Its a 1KZ-TE so no hole in the blanking plate needed .

Right at the back of your engine you will find this pipe

1671061706221.png

I put a blanking plate on the end left of my screen and that was it job done no more egr to worry about .

Shayne, there is an electronic sensor on the OP's egr, the OP mentioned this with picture in post 22, it's not the same as the old school one you show, so electronics involved, = ecu, codes thrown if fully blanked without hole ??

Yeah , Beau took the trouble to remove all the plugs and related stuff but i didn't feel the need . Don't think i even unplugged anything but i will have to check it was so long ago .

D4D engines are micro managed because of the variable vane turbo , without giving it much thought i'd say the 1kz electronics just tell when to dump some soot into the system hence no tell no dump .

Agree, too many electrics these days to appease government pollution targets, the 120 egr system was well documented by TONYC11 before he was bumped off here, including documented step by step proven modifications for full blanking or part.
Can probably used/adapted for other series, with/without micro managed systems.
Anything that has the dreaded egr, will dump all that unwanted s**t back in the engine related parts. I had to virtually shovel the thick tarry gunk from my 78, which ran much better after the full blank.

Mine done that for years, a new fuel filter normally cured it up until last month when changing the filter done nothing. A new fuel pump was the only cure. I have another issue, which is how I found this thread

Back