Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

power issue, no 12V Ignition

AboutAfrica

Country Flag
namibia
Hi Guys

Ok, I have been scratching in my wires for 2 days now and am already feeling like a idiot so am asking the clever people. I drive a 2002 105 1FZFE.

While I was driving my dash gauges died and a non-stop beep came from behind the dash. At the same time saw on my external volt meter that there is no charge coming in. First thought, alternator.

So go home, remove the alternator and test, all fine. Put it back in the car and test, no charge.
I check the three wires going into the alternator, light gives power, permanent power is there, but no ignition power. So alternator is not getting charge signal. I start to scratch around and see that all the items which get ignition power are dead, ACC power is fine.
Car starts etc but still none of that ignition 12V.

I removed the ignition switch and tested there, all fine.

Sometimes if I switch on ignition and leave it a few min later all dash lights pop on again and ignition 12V is restored.

I am about to go dig further but does anybody have any suggestions or ideas to save me some time? Anybody had a problem like that before?
I have checked all fuses and relays etc, am I missing a relay or something somewhere?

TIA

I have had similar problem the further you look the deeper it gets .I tracked the problem back to the fuse on the passenger kick [panel..there was a lot of corrosion and some broken wires. I replaced that and then it started doing all funny things, the lights would co me on by themselves, was related to security system, now I have to replace under bonnet fuse box. all the electric are not running the correct circuit., it effects a hand full of things. I did replace 2 dashes before I realized that 1 broken wire sends the wrong signal back to the brains which affects half a dozen or ten different things that are not related to the broken wire, I still have no temp/fuel gauge . My volt gauge reads 19 volts but at least my speedo now work, and taco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back