Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

power tools

Like all you guys, over the years have done the makita, dewalt thing. Majority of my kit is makita and has gone years day in day out with no probs, but find the later stuff going the same way as dewalt - cheapness (to manufacture) with plastic gears on some, as mentioned, and 2 replacement keyless chucks that do not tighten properly (makita) Dewalt, gearbox coming adrift and tearing wiring apart. although the chopsaw has performed brilliantly, probably because the earlier ones were Elu in disguise, which were proper trade tools. (bought out by dewalt - get rid of the competition). Good to hear the nail gun recommended for replacing Paslode, such a pita when you want to crack on!!

I've got the slightly newer version of this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wacker-br...ols_Construction_Tools_ET&hash=item2c7c34688d
Came to me as part payment for a debt - its a bit temperamental - think that's the trigger - but I really like it as it's not too aggressive - and compact enough to get down the side of a post - we used it last week for some part breakout to chuck some repair spurs in. Not too many fines created which was a definite bonus in the ****ing rain...
7 speeds. Also used it to break away a low 9" wall at the bottom of a patio - didn't disturb one flagstone, and with a wide bit we got the footings flat enough to re-lay.
Godsend....

I've seen a decent breaker for 500 quid but I can hire one from Travis for £30 a week. Difficult one as going back and forth to Travis costs time and money plus if it was already in the truck I think it would get used most days

Jonnyboy, you mention that your a landscaper too.
Is it newbuild stuff you do or private?? Or both??

Private mostly greengrass. The last cpl of years I've restricted activities a bit to contract maintenance and smaller projects pending getting my ankle sorted which it now is. So looking forwards a bit now....

I used to do a fair bit of newbuild stuff in your part of the world. Camberley, deepcut, sunningdale, Virginia water etc. Try not to travel so much now, keep it closer to home.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting. Most of mine are based Sunningdale and Ascot (where the money is, or supposed to be lol)

Johnny and greengrass, ideal time for landscaping ponds and lakes !!! Lol

Not wrong Joinerman, the weather has been a bit of a challenge recently.

Great weather for fencing though, well good weather for blowing them over and creating work. Spent the last 6 weeks doing nothing but :icon-biggrin: .

Like all you guys, over the years have done the makita, dewalt thing. Majority of my kit is makita and has gone years day in day out with no probs, but find the later stuff going the same way as dewalt - cheapness (to manufacture) with plastic gears on some, as mentioned, and 2 replacement keyless chucks that do not tighten properly (makita) Dewalt, gearbox coming adrift and tearing wiring apart. although the chopsaw has performed brilliantly, probably because the earlier ones were Elu in disguise, which were proper trade tools. (bought out by dewalt - get rid of the competition). Good to hear the nail gun recommended for replacing Paslode, such a pita when you want to crack on!!

I think Hilti is the best quality wise, and the service from them is awesome! :clap:

You call them up tell them your interested in buying say a circular saw. They then send a rep out to wherever your working with the different power tools your interested in and you can decide which one you want. Slightly more expensive than Dewalt, Makita and Bosch but I think its worth it for the much better quality. :think:

Back