Stu

I thought the
1kzt as fpund in 4runners was msnual pump
And
1kzte in colorado's are electronic fuel injection

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

1kzt are mechanical Pumps
1KZTE - are electronic pump
1KZT-E with Intercooler - May have different electronics within the pump (Although I believe this is in the ECU)

Why I ask is I own a 1997 Colorado with the 1kz-te in, I need to replace the engine so I've bought a 2000 prado that has been wrote off, it has the 1kz-te with the intercooler in, it looks as the fuel pumps are different, they are both denco pumps!
I understand I'll need to change the ecu over to, it doesn't matter the pumps are diff I don't think, I just wounded why?

Strange that the pumps are different, could you post a pic? On the other hand, I hope you haven't accidentally purchased the D4D 1KD lump....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 97 Colorado will have a mechanical pump, the 2000 is probably a D4D and I thought these were common rail diesels with a high pressure pump rather than the old type KZTE injector pump that has individual injector pipes exiting it.

My mistake, when I was thinking of buying the prado I asked on a other site if the engine would fit strait in and someone said the fuel pumps would be different, and when I went to pick the prado up yesterday I looked and thought they looked different but I've looked at them both today and they are the same, must be just the ecu different for the intercooler,
I'm looking forward for the engine to be in as it's only done 60k, mine had 240k hard towing miles on it, she must of lost a few horses on the way! and after finding a bubbling radiator last month, that was first time the engine was worked on, so I carnt moan

Back