Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado or Colorado, whats the difference??

oops not sure if im allowed to speak honestly will i get banned !!!!!!!! :naughty:

Okay,

I have 2 Colorado's at home one is 9 years old the other is 13 years old. No rust on either.

My mate has a 12 year old Prado, also no rust.

Sweeping generalisations do not apply, each cruiser is an individual.

Tommo&Claire said:
Sweeping generalisations do not apply, each cruiser is an individual.

Absolutely.

Mine is a late '97 3.4VX - there is quite a bit of surface rust on the underside and chassis. The bodywork is perfect though. Greg/Kelvin at Landcruisers Overland has an almost identical 3.4VX though '96, which has virtually no rust anywhere - the underside and chassis looks like a "Prado's". ;)

Cabman said:
oops not sure if im allowed to speak honestly will i get banned !!!!!!!! :naughty:

Freedom of speach is overrated anyway! :whistle: This afterall is not a community but a ...... oh hang on that was the other place :twisted:

It all depends on how they are looked after, I've had my Prado for 5 years now since it arrived in the UK, I've never had the underside treated with waxoyl or anything else come to that, but it regularly gets the chassis cleaned, if I didn't I think by now it would be peppered with good old UK rust, it is a job on my to do list though for this spring !

p.s previously somewhere on either this site or the darkside we had a topic about rust on someones axle casings Etc. and one of the conclusions was wether you lived near the coast, for obvious reasons of course !

I live near the Coast and on the side of a main(ish) road and one of the main reasons for moving is the damage it does to the cars. I am selling an 06 mitsubishi L200 and it's underside is covered in rust. TJM winch bumper was new last year and it to has rust patches on it. Getting a shower of grit everyday in the winter is a bad bad thing :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back to the original topic, and bearing in mind that this is the European Forum.

Different marketing names are used in different countries/markets, which do not always correspond to the two "divisions" described here. Examples are 70 series called Prado, 90 series Prado, 120 series Prado; or as it is around here, where the early 90's where marketed as LC Prado, while later years where just "Land Cruiser". The 100 was then re-branded LC100. (I find it silly to call the medium duty LC "LC", while the "full" heavy duty gets a deviating name). Around here it is still the same name (LC) for the small version, while the 200 is the LC-V8.

The 90s, or Prados, are normally (or often) equipped with RDL, although they are not called Colorado.

Suggesting to either make a comprehensive list of the different models, series, and marketing names;
or just stick to the different series and/or model codes. That would make it easier to communicate/discuss across borders and continents.

A list would reveal the Australian, European, UK, Japanese marketing names; and specialities like the LC400.
5501931147_58f7f3222d_z.jpg

Back