Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

private messages

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
can anyone explain why 'private messages' aren't called 'private messages' on this forum?

i always go round in circles trying to find the useful info that someone has given me?

i'm given up now and tea's ready

cheers

Yes because they're called Conversations. And you'll find them in your Inbox.

Yes because they're called Conversations. And you'll find them in your Inbox.
…by tapping on your name and selecting ‘conversations’ from the menu.

I’ve no idea why, it’s just made that way. :)

can anyone explain why 'private messages' aren't called 'private messages' on this forum?

i always go round in circles trying to find the useful info that someone has given me?

i'm given up now and tea's ready

cheers
That's because they are not really 'private' they can be read by moderators. Something was sent to me in a so called private message which got referred to later in a post and could only have been read in that private message, that was a very long time ago so things may have changed, but if you want to keep it secret use email.

Really? Well I'm a mod and I can't do that. I think you might be thinking about a previous forum Chas. The real reason that we started this one.

Thanks lads,still can't find the info tho'

i PM'd Lorin about roof tents a few days ago, and as always he replied quickly and concisely

now i'd like to move further forward towards buying a new roof tent,i can't find that 'conversation' 'cause it isn't in 'conversations' ?

cheers

i don't think i'm meant to get one so i started looking at 'pop-up' tents on Amazon
can't imagine putting one of those away when it's dark,wet,windy and i'm still hungover...

[just checked 'conversations',it says my last one was June 2016]

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Really? Well I'm a mod and I can't do that. I think you might be thinking about a previous forum Chas. The real reason that we started this one.
If you figure it out let me know, cause I have nothing better to do than read other folks messages. :text-thankyouyello::laughing-rolling:

No Chris I wasn't thinking of a previous forum, the message I was referring to was from a friend who wasn't on THAT previous forum it was this one. Unfortunately I can't now remember what the subject of that message was but I do remember the names of the people involved. I won't name them as I don't want to create any bad feeling.

Last edited:
On a laptop , you know them old fashioned things with real buttons , next to my name when i login it says "inbox" alerts and then a magnifying glass symbal for search .

Hitting "inbox" takes me directy to all my private messages with the most recent right at the top .

Ok Chas, understood. Must be something above my pay grade 'cos I certainly con't do that.

On a laptop , you know them old fashioned things with real buttons , next to my name when i login it says "inbox" alerts and then a magnifying glass symbal for search .

Hitting "inbox" takes me directy to all my private messages with the most recent right at the top .

thanks mate, i'm sure i did that but i'll try again
cheers

You wrote on my profile instead .

If i click on your name under your little profile pic above i get a little pop up box and start conversation is one of the options , that is the forums version of a private message and the equivalent of an email .

Thanks lads,still can't find the info tho'

i PM'd Lorin about roof tents a few days ago, and as always he replied quickly and concisely

now i'd like to move further forward towards buying a new roof tent,i can't find that 'conversation' 'cause it isn't in 'conversations' ?

cheers

i don't think i'm meant to get one so i started looking at 'pop-up' tents on Amazon
can't imagine putting one of those away when it's dark,wet,windy and i'm still hungover...

[just checked 'conversations',it says my last one was June 2016]

Yep, I remember this conversation. I just went back and checked and it is indeed on my profile not via a private message. I didn’t even notice at the time.

I've just clicked on your name and there's a whole kinda conversation going on there. That's not special mod powers, it's some sort of weirdness going on. Might have to seek advice from a higher authority.

that was a very long time ago
Certainly not this place chase ;) The other one - maybe. :)

but if you want to keep it secret use email.
Urm, ya. If you want to keep it secret, meet in the pub. I'm the guy with the hat and the newspaper. :confusion-waiting:

I've nuked the profile page thing. It's never going to be used as it was intended (it's an odd feature anyway) so no point in keeping it there.

If you can still see them, let me know.

Certainly not this place chase ;) The other one - maybe. :)

Urm, ya. If you want to keep it secret, meet in the pub. I'm the guy with the hat and the newspaper. :confusion-waiting:

I've nuked the profile page thing. It's never going to be used as it was intended (it's an odd feature anyway) so no point in keeping it there.

If you can still see them, let me know.

what does '016 sticker only for now' mean?

cheers

Talking about PMs, can someone indicate how to create one or start a conversation ? Please.

Back