Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Problems with PMs.... Help!

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
Can't send PMs, get a message that says my 'token has expired'. I'm receiving PMs, but every time I click the 'Forum' tab I get a message that a new mail has arrived, which is a repeat of the most recent one. Help:pray:

Have you tried signing out and signing back in again?

I've had the message pop up a few times and refreshing the page has solved it for me but it's likely down to the fact I leave my computer logged in.

Many thanks, that seems to have made a difference. I'll keep an eye on things....
Have you tried signing out and signing back in again?

I've had the message pop up a few times and refreshing the page has solved it for me but it's likely down to the fact I leave my computer logged in.

No problem, happy to help.

Did it say "token has expired"? or "security token has expired?" Been trying to work this pesky problem out for a while but having a tough time recreating it.
I used to get it but not had it for about 6 months.

{Also moved thread}

I'll try to get a screenshot when it next pops up on mine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It seems to occur for me if I've got a session open on 2 devices or more. So if I've been active by browsing the forum on device 1 and leave that session running whilst logged in and then switch devices which probably has another logged in session running, it will throw the message up. Not sure if there is a time component as to when it's triggered though.

Very odd. I have my user logged in on about 5 devices which I actively use throughout the day. I've not seen it for a while and never made that connection.
I know Julian had the issue a while back as well. Not sure if his was similar.

I had a session on 3 devices last night. This morning picked up my phone and went opened the window for the forum. Error message says

http://www/landcruiserclub.net

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.<br />
<br />
Please reload the window

Thats normally what happens to me (use 2 devices) but sods law, when I want to happen it doesnt.

So are you using the website on the phone or tapatalk?

I use tapatalk on my phone and chrome on my computer

Website on all devices, no tapatalk for me.

Mostly website. I also found that I was having to hit F5 each time to refresh the pages. I'm set to auto log in, but now having forced a log out the problem seems to have gone away.
So are you using the website on the phone or tapatalk?

Problem has reappeared for me:

4b9fda02-1502-4e64-834a-2bb101351a00_zpsd72b387d.jpg

What were you doing? Looks like just trying to browse the forum?

Had a quick sniff around for this problem and it does happen to others. There are a few things I can do (will try tonight) but a lot of them also seem to point to your local browser.
Try emptying the cache of each device you're using and see if it happens again.

Cache emptied and will see if it pops up again, and yes just browsing.

It's not a big problem just means refreshing in most cases.

Sorry to disappoint, it happened 3 times yesterday.

Grasping at straws - what browser?

Another user had it - said it only happens on Chrome with him, not IE. I only use Chrome and not seen it for months and months.

edit:
Doh, your screen-grab answers this...

have you / could you try with IE for a while?

Back