Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Questions for group

usnbmbtk

Country Flag
united_states
Apologies in advance if this has been covered... Coming in hot from 4Runner world...

Is there a specific VIN code denoting the LC200 Heritage Edition? Wanting to pull the trigger on a 2020 or 2021 model. I found one locally and ALMOST got burned by someone just slapping some badging on it. I've been scouring the interwebs and cannot find anything specific. Outside of badging and BBS wheels are there other unique features to look for that wouldn't be on the base? TIA!
1f60e.png

Last edited:
Google translate is not helping with this one so I will try and see if the question clarifies with time ?

Hello i own a 4runner and would like to buy myself a circa 2001 Landcruiser . I was almost tricked into buying the wrong vehicle because the seller had disguised it with fake badges and alloy wheels . So could somebody please tell me where to find the factory plate description and point out any visually obvious hints with regards to spec .

Please forgive me if i've misunderstood , I'm still learning to speak English myself and I can't speak any other language .

Thanks Shayne. I realized I left out some details in my post. It's edited and makes more sense now. Thanks!

America got LX badges when everyone says 80 or 100 series so it might be easiest to copy and paste a google pic of what you want here .

You're probably best asking the question on IH8Mud, we didn't get any Heritage spec 200's here as Toyota stopped selling the 200 in 2015 (in the UK).

If you have a friendly Toyota dealer nearby I'm sure they would run a VIN check for you but for the cost of a 2020/2021 model. I'd be looking to buy from Toyota anyway, if you can find one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Heritage Edition In the USA (2021) did not have a cooler box in the center console. The leather seats are black with bronze stitching. It has 10 cup holders instead of 12. These are the easiest features to identify.
It of course also came with Bronze colored BBS wheels and a Yakima MegaWarrior cargo basket, all weather floor mats, and darkened chrome. The darkened chrome is harder to ID unless you have them side by side.