Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

R i p my1986 hj 60

TAZANIMAL

Country Flag
uk
I have with grate regret had to retire my 1986 5 speed land cruiser hj60 (tool box)she has only covered 650000 miles i have had her from 3 years old that is 1989
the rust has won the war in all that time she has never let me down and has always got home towing up to 4 ton most of the time returning 30mpg
now will be sadly missed she will live no being used as spairs for her younger sister a 1989 twin head lamp mod :icon-cry:
taz
torque of the devil

Oww yes they do, but it does take a while before that war is lost!

Sorry to hear that, it has done a great service to you... without seeing the extent of the rust, it's unknown how much effort it would take to restore it and to give it some time back into it... Remember,,,, never too late to save a 60!

Be great to see some pics of it! Sounds like a real work horse :thumbup:

hi she has broken hear chassis ,the right hand c post is no longer attached to the body at the bottom frpm the c post to the rear corner the rear wing is detached DSC04185.JPG DSC04186.JPG
the sills have rusted completely away , the rear shock cross member is broken both sides DSC04187.JPG the body to chassis mount on the left is not there fule tank is rusted under the straps and leaking both rear lower wings inner and outer have gone DSC04183.JPGand to add insult the exhaust has broken .
two weeks a go i took it to the gravel pit to get some sand it was 3.65 tons on the weight bridge with tool box in then a trip with the marque trailer that is 4 tons and a speed ramp did for the shock mounts
iam having a time adjusting to the replacement .
taz
torque of the devil

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back