Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radiator

RH1610

The radiator on my 1992 VX has burst, having difficulty locating a replacement. Any leads?:icon-exclaim:

Radiator problem could be of little significance

New problem.
The car was on my drive ,with no coolant in it whatsoever, got stolen and taken for a joy ride of approx 30 miles with agression, the car was abandoned in the middle of the road with a pool of oil underneath it. a nearby onlooker thought it was on fire because there was so much smoke and steam coming from it. The car was recovered and brought back to my drive. Bad weather has prevented checking the integrity of the engine. Whats the chance of it still being in good order?

Sounds grim.

The lack of coolant will have allowed the block and head to overheat. The oil on the ground sounds worrying, although it will be worth looking for sump damage in case theyve hit something.

Engine seized and cracked head is worst case scenario, anything less is probably a result under the circumstances.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The engine probably seized, hence the middle of the road abandonment. I am surprised it lasted for 30 miles. It could have destroyed a rod which could have punched a hole in the sump. This will explain the pool of oil. If this is so, the engine is scrap.

Sorry to be so brutal but the facts speak for themselves.

Roger

Back