Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio Light

j120s

Country Flag
ireland
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me should there a light where the display is for the radio station is in the photo?

Jeep was always like this since we purchased.

Is it a hard fix?

IMG_4617.JPG

Hi there, and welcome. I have a 2006 120 lc3, but my facia is different to what you have shown. What I can tell you is, that the display for the radio only comes on if you turn the radio on.

Ah, no help there then. Hang about though, there some good 120 guys on here.
It might help if you gave year and model, lc3, lc4 etc. Cheers.

LC3 at a guess from looking at a thread here. It has body coloured bumpers, heated mirrors.
Year of reg 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of cruiser models/ series have those items you mention. If you open the glove box there should be a small badge, top left facing you with lc3 lc4 etc. And of course the obvious one, reg, doc.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wiring ? I wouldnt have thought so, as all go through multiplug at rear of radio, unless the one for the lcd/ display is at fault, but unlikely just one out of them all, and there is obviously power to radio. Could be lcd has failed, but again unlikely, as in my experience bits of the lcd fail. Could be a radio out job, but hang on to get other more informed opinions. Mine is noted on glove box and reg. doc. but don't worry about that.

Has the radio got a model number on it? Does the screen itself work, ie do you see 96.7 or sommat when its on your favourite station?

Radio is 100% working. I can see what station is playing during the day, but not in the dark. This photo was taken same time but flash on.
IMG_4616.jpg

Can't find model on photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sounds like the bulb has gone to me - you'd have to take the radio apart and have a look what bulb is in there. Then order an equivalent from flea bay and solder it in.

Could just be a bad connection / knackered solder joint on the bulb - does it come on if you press gently on or around the screen?

Doubt you'll get much more info without the radio model, unless someone can recognise it and has done the job before!

Is this radio in your 2008 lc3 ? I don't recognise any of that in your picture. The dial controls look 90ish.
Regardless, if bulb, as per Karl, its a radio out job anyway, which will give you access to wiring etc.

Is this radio in your 2008 lc3 ? I don't recognise any of that in your picture. The dial controls look 90ish.
Regardless, if bulb, as per Karl, its a radio out job anyway, which will give you access to wiring etc.
I don't know if it is an lc3 as I know very little about them. They seem to be only in 2008 models onwards, there are a few in the link below with same radio.

Back