Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

REAL WORLD FUEL CONSUMPTION - WITHOUT THE SALT

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Gent's

What the best you ever got out of your 120 D4-d in miles per gallon?
Have you ever checked,, ? not even for curiosity, when you first got it ?

And next, what is the normal, day to day, down to the shops, off to the school, and all the other sort of daily stuff we all need to do.

The best I ever got was when I first got it.
I did a motorway run up the M6 from Warrington to Carlisle.
110 miles of motorway, and a few miles of 'A' road, maybe 5 miles,.
There and back.
Cruise control on, and set about 65 mph, most of the way.
Just me in the LC, and no luggage or any other stuff like roof rack.

I got 32 mpg, when I had the old Dunlops on.
Round town,,,,,,, I have no idea.

I did read the official Auto figurs were about 37 mpg

Graham

Slow traffic driving, around 31mpg. (550 miles to a tank) It's worsened slightly,I now only get around 28/29. Any hiway driving and it's worse. A trip from Switzerland, cruise control on at 80-85mph I only managed 390 (guesstimate) to the tank :(

When we first got out 120 we were lucky to get 300 miles out of a tank. Used to average around 24mpg for combined and when travelling to Ireland could get up to about 26mpg.

Since about 8 months ago when she hit 40k miles consumption has got much better and now without too much effort I can get to the 400 miles per tank (sitting at 70mph), so I think htat still works out at about 26-28mpg. Still not great, but then I do have a bit of a heavy foot

Never measured it accurately but I think about the 30 mark overall for me. Not bad for a 2.2tonne tank, all things considered. And economy didn't really feature when I was looking for one. Yes in a distant sort of way but not a lot really. LCs and their ilk aren't bought with economy in mind.

Back