Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear end sway

Mine doesn't purr it roars :D judging by your choice of smileys i guess you found a pic of my damaged truck which was 2 years and 15 - 20,000 miles ago , when i say tlc what i mean id the paint on my chassis is starting to lose its battle against rust .

Mine doesn't purr it roars :D judging by your choice of smileys i guess you found a pic of my damaged truck which was 2 years and 15 - 20,000 miles ago , when i say tlc what i mean id the paint on my chassis is starting to lose its battle against rust .

With u living in wales u must have plenty of places to go off rd as here I have non and been to bala twice and loved it there but closed down now.shame.
My underseal has worn off pretty quick as only done last year.

Truth is i'm not from Wales and don't no anybody here (near Cardiff) who also owns a 4x4 so i don't know where to go . There are probably lots of places not to far away if i get myself a byway map but i always seem to have something else to do . That's the beauty of the clubs Lincomb club meet keep an eye out for it :thumbup:

I posted my purchase plan for dealing with rust yesterday .

I'd be inclined to replace the existing though, not just to sleeve it.

Somehow, the brackets on the existing tube have to be attached to the new inner sleeve tube, and I've been puzzling over how that's going to be achieved with the old tube retained...:think:

Last edited:
If the original tube was thicker you would just grind it back to clean metal and build it up with weld , a sleeve lets you do the same .

Truth is i'm not from Wales and don't no anybody here (near Cardiff) who also owns a 4x4 so i don't know where to go . There are probably lots of places not to far away if i get myself a byway map but i always seem to have something else to do . That's the beauty of the clubs Lincomb club meet keep an eye out for it :thumbup:

I posted my purchase plan for dealing with rust yesterday .

Well shayne bet you have more off rd places to go than me and were or what is lincomb club.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If the original tube was thicker you would just grind it back to clean metal and build it up with weld , a sleeve lets you do the same .

Well shayne the crossmember is 50mm i,d so have got a piece of scaffold and is 48mm o,d so with big hammer and a block of wood will make it fit and get it welded so strength back to full strength..i just aquired a piece that just happened to be on a building site:text-imsorry: mr security guy but should not have been asleep.:orcs-buttshake::orcs-buttshake:.

The forum is a club and maybe twice a year there's a weekend get together for offroad fun and camping at Lincomb equestrian centre , plenty to see if you search the forum for "Lincomb" i think .

I'd be inclined to replace the existing though, not just to sleeve it.

Somehow, the brackets on the existing tube have to be attached to the new inner sleeve tube, and I've been puzzling over how that's going to be achieved with the old tube retained...:think:

Not gonna sleeve it clive gonna put a piece of scaffold threw the centre of the old tube as will give it strength again and get it welded also.

If im off work im up for it as always good to meet up with other members with all same interests.

Car all fixed now and sway gone as got the cracked crossmember welded and reinforced with 4mm thick scaffold piece threw existing tube so now drives solid again no sway.:text-+1:

Last edited:
Back