Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

REAR HEATER HOSE QUESTION`

L

LandCruiser1978

Not a new question im sure or a suprise for you

But my metal hoses under the car for the rear heater have sprung a leak

So going to replace as much as possible but not sure what sort of diameter hose i need or how much ?

So the question how much and how big :D :D :D :D

Most just bypass it in the engine bay, do you really need the rear heater?

i don't but i like my cars to be right ... plus keeps the kids feet warm ..

you washed your NAVARA yet ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I did mine with rubber heater hose. Getting the metal pipes out is relatively easy - you just hack them to bits. But mine went where they pass up behind the engine. I couldn't find a way to get the replacements in. It's like one of those puzzles from a Christmas cracker. If either of the lower sets go, it's quite straight forward, but that vertical set - that's real bother.

In the end I did by pass mine like Paul said. Very easy, but if I wanted to keep the rear heater (pulling it out makes a useful space by the way) I would not attempt to use metal pipe. I do appreciate what you mean about it being right, but the metal pipes were never a good idea in my view. With rubber, you wouldn't have the joints either.

Chris

I didnt have to wash it, gave it to the Nissan dealer for service and they attempted to get it clean :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i cut off my pipes up beside the gearbox, which was about as far as the corrosion went and as far as i could reach with a 5" grinder. From there i ran rubber heater hoses along the chassis rail and into the rear heater. the hose is secured by rubber lined p clips which are screwed into some convenient threaded holes in the chassis leg. The original route is quite convoluted and there are lots of joins, this simplified it quite a lot and of course it won't rust. I used stainless jubilees for making the connections as the original things are a bit funny and were quite rusty.

Hose diameter you need is 13m, 1/2" and i'd just buy a 5m roll from ebay, you'll maybe get by with 2m, but i'd err on the safe side, its not too expensive and i'm sure you can use any leftovers for other jobs.

Back