Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear pinion seal

Spike

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Morning all, I am having a Dinitrol treatment done over the weekend, I have noticed a slight misting on the rear diff where the prop joins the axle, looking on the internet it looks very much like the pinion seal, I have a new one from Toyota and have spoken to the man at CSK, he is quite happy to swap it over whilst on the ramp, however although there are lots of info regarding counting the revolutions of the locking nut to get it back to the original settings, can anyone tell me the actual torque settings required? Thanks

I think, if it’s anything like an 80 one you should also uut in a new’ crush tube’ And then torque it up.
I do stand to be corrected though

In theory you should put a new crush washer in, which means pulling the pinion bearing out (not easy), but you should be fine just changing the seal and putting the nut back where it came from. The nut is indented into a groove on the thread, so if you reuse the old nut, it's easy to put it back exactly as it was. Done quite a few like this over the years and they've all been good.

Back