Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear seat belts

haakonbs

Country Flag
norway
I'm struggling with my rear seat belts. When in use they get tighter and tighter, so I have to release the belt and let it go all the way back before I can move the belt again. New belts or is it a fix?

Hi .Does the belt click when you let it back in? You may be pulling the belt out too far when fitting it. This activates the child seat fixing and will only allow the belt to retract. This holds the child's seat firmly against the rear seat and doesn't allow it to move, much as you are getting when you use it. Try keeping the belt closer to your body when fitting it and this should help. The belt should only go into the fixing mode if pulled all the way out. HTH

Child seat buggered mine , it ended up fully retracted and unmovable . I eventually got around to unbolting it to get it moving again and sprayed some penetrating oil into the retractor which kept it working for a while but i think its buggered again now .

Hi .Does the belt click when you let it back in? You may be pulling the belt out too far when fitting it. This activates the child seat fixing and will only allow the belt to retract. This holds the child's seat firmly against the rear seat and doesn't allow it to move, much as you are getting when you use it. Try keeping the belt closer to your body when fitting it and this should help. The belt should only go into the fixing mode if pulled all the way out. HTH

No clicking I think. It locks when for instance leaning forward (not fast)

I've done som research and it looks like to me that the belts are working as they should. However this child function is great but can cause some problems when moving around with the seatbelt on :)

Back