Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear shock removal

Didn't think you needed spring compressors for the back? Does the diff / axle not just droop when shocks / roll bars disconnected and the springs just pop out (beware brake lines)? Or is that only on the 80?

Unless these springs are extremely long, you can just lower the rear axle until the spring fits in. When the shocks are off, there is nothing stopping the axle. Except brake-hose and diff-breather - both at the centre. iirc the abs cables run along upper leading arm.

Edit: We were many writing at the same time here now... :)

I have no more slack on any of the hoses, if it goes anymore I'll be fixing brake lines too! There is no give in the springs and I still need 80 mm to clear!

Lift the other side.
Or even undo the brake line. Just bleed afterwrds - good to change a bit of fluid.

Get one of those brake hose clamps Jim; dead handy for this job. I was lent one when I did my 80 lift. I've bought one since - less than a tenner :)

Just to close this up, I went with the spring compressors as my jack stands were at max. I had the hub on the ground and it just wasn't enough!It saved me disconnecting brake lines too. The holes in the floor were plugged with a rubber bung and some silicon which can be removed easily if I ever need to change shocks.Thanks everyone for your help :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you have pics of the holes? Showing positions e.g.

You know the saying, TTIWWP. (Well, not quite)

Back