Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Shocks

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Looking for some new Shocks for the back of my truck guys. As some of you may know I am running 80 series front springs on the back and am looking to replace the IM extended shocks for something else. Not 100% sure what yet so I could do with some of you hoarders getting your tape measures out and getting me some full compressed/extended measurement for a couple of shocks, Preferably stand and IM ones.

Any help would be appriciated

Cheers Chris

Chris I relocated mine a little higher up the bracket, approx 2 or maybe a tad more inches higher, meant I could get rid of the bottom of the bracket also, even though i have never got round to slit sawing it off. I run standard shocks and get enough drop for panyard rod to get tied up

Picture091.jpg

That sounds interesting Gary, Don't suppose you have any pics do you mate.

Picked this thread up on a search - Chrisgreen - can I ask your reasoning for running 80 fronts on the back of your 90? I am wondering about stiffening my rear up for towing (without ruining it), not for off-roading.
Thanks

Picked this thread up on a search - Chrisgreen - can I ask your reasoning for running 80 fronts on the back of your 90? I am wondering about stiffening my rear up for towing (without ruining it), not for off-roading.
Thanks
The 80 series front springs give a pretty insane lift if your not carrying any additional weight in the rear. They'll give you a good 4" plus over standard, but you'll loose 2" of that with a full tank of fuel and a 100 plus Kg in the boot. I would have thought that if you're happy with your set up when not towing then a set of air bags from Matt Savage for around £80 would sort you out.

Link to my 80 series front spring thread http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...eries-front-springs-fitted-to-Fierys-rear-end

Matt Savage air lift helpers, second video down http://www.mattsavage.com/acatalog/Videos.html

:icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OH, standard 80 series rear shocks are apparently they way to go :icon-smile:

Ah
Not looking to lift it, just stiffen up the back end.
Back to the drawing board then....!

Back