Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear window wiper

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
Its gone mad! just starts up on its own, runs a few mins, then stops for a bit, and off it goes again. Short of pulling the wires off it, has anyone had this before? Only thing thats changed today is I had a play with the diff locks in the snow and ice and all works with them .

:shock: :wtf: :wtf:

Cheers
Steve

Its gone mad! just starts up on its own, runs a few mins, then stops for a bit, and off it goes again. Short of pulling the wires off it, has anyone had this before?

No, but there's a rear wiper relay (probably in the Integration Relay Box as that's where the 20A fuse is).

I would start by checking that out.

After that, check all the earths on the rear door and the earthing link between the door and body - it sounds like a classic earth problem (was the rear screen heater on at the time??).

Bob.

Is that the impossible to get too one in the drivers foot well? Thinking about it, the rear heater was on. I will check the earths around the door later. The only other thing I have done recently is fit a pair of tiny spots to the front (3000lm each! from 2" diameter!) and nearly all lamps are now LED. I have a HID kit to fit when it warms up a bit.
Cheers
Steve

Is that the impossible to get too one in the drivers foot well?

Its not too difficult to get to . . . .

DSCN4995.jpg

DSCN4999-1.jpg

Just don't be tempted to take the Integration Relay Box apart . . (DAMHIK :doh:).

DSCN5008.jpg

I'm not sure which relay is which - I'll need to hunt through the manual.

Bob.

Cheers!
It only did it 2 x yesterday, heater on and off...... It could be damp as it had stood for about 10 days in all the rain we had in the Dordogne, then the snow & ice came. I will see what happens today :)
You should write an owners manual!
Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back