Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommend somewhere to camp in Cheshire

When we were kids, my dad had a lot of success in scotland and ireland by knocking on farmers doors and simply asking if we could stay on there land. he has always been into his dogs, shooting and farming so had a common interest. having a battered old series 11 and four young kids helped too.. :)
but seriously, most didnt have a problem and would recommend the good spots, there was always the few who would tell you to bugger off but that didnt matter, he made a lot of life long friends who he is still in contact with to this day.

@chapel gate we did the same thing a few years ago, always knocked always had a warm welcome and always made sure we leave no trace behind.

When I was back there in 2019 the attitude had clearly changed, with the nc500 becoming a thing for the Europeans in their massive Merc campers.

I can only imagine what it's like now. One thing for sure is that the locals have taken a hard year with lockdown. So maybe the traffic in isn't all bad?

Hopefully not in a massive Merc camper lhd ...

Jacob your best bet now would probably be a BP truckstop or similar more than likely quieter than a dead end lane or overgrown gateway and no chance of stepping in nappies filled to the brim with piss and sh17 just make sure you don't park next to a fridge unit and if you manage to find somewhere nice and quiet keep it to yourself or it will get printed in the guardian telegraph and anybody who had learnt to read with a merc hippie wagon will block you the next morning

Regarding the NC500, did it on my motorbike in 2017 and what a fantastic trip/road/scenery, BUT the camper vans were a nightmare. The road is not wide enough for two cars to pass, let alone two big bloody campers. Fortunately on a bike you could get past them, but I think in anything bigger it will be a crap experience.

Maybe the off season would be ok, just need to put up with the colder weather

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can only imagine what it's like now. One thing for sure is that the locals have taken a hard year with lockdown. So maybe the traffic in isn't all bad?
ive heard its horrific, as is the etiquette.

not first hand experience though. as i mentioned before, im getting dug in the workshop this year. might be tempted to take advantage of a market flood of campers back end...

Going back to your opening post....... Can't you just get them to Post, (Whatever it is) It....... Sounds to me to be a whole lot easier..... :lol:.....Your always welcome to pitch up in my Garden, If South East Kent is Between Nantwich and The NC500 :thumbup:

Back