Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reconditioned injectors

Got the injectors back today. All in, £236. Diesel bloke said that the new tips were spot on. No concerns at all. All 'poofing' fuel like new he reckoned. Had to order seating washers from the Main Stealer though. £18 not the end of the World. Nothing to show you in a pic really. I got the old tips back and they look quite worn inside. Anyway, will see how it fires up on Saturday. Should be fine. So a full recon is affordable. There was a set of injectors on the bay last week. Worth getting those having them reconed ready to drop in when you need them.

Chris

Great news, Chris! Are you not tempted to pop them back in now and fire 'er up? :lol:
Fingers crossed the installation goes fine - very interested to hear your views on the difference to how it runs!

Cheers,

I can't Andrew. I need to do this in daylight. Plus I have to refit the inlet manifold and fuel pipe runs. So it's not a 5 minute job. Have to fit the seating washers which don't arrive until Saturday..

So unfortunately, no. Wish I could.

C

IT LIVES!

With two flat batteries, empty fuel lines and not having run for a month, it was with some optimism that I turned the key this afternoon. After pouring fuel into the pump down the hose from the filter, I let the plugs heat up for a bit and went for it. After sounding like trying to start a radial engine for a few seconds, it gradually limped into life. It needed max throttle to keep it chugging. And then it stopped. With the batteries on their last legs after a bit of a charge, some more fuel down the line, I gave it another go. In the dying throes of the battery, GW dragged itself back into life. Eventually, the lines seemed to clear and the afterburners kicked in. It certainly sounds and feels like it has more umph in it. The trailing acrid smoke at idle has gone. A bit of soot on revving, but the pump will need dialing in that much I know. It is such a fiddly job getting the inlet off and changing the gaskets though. I dropped countless nuts and washers. I must have lost an hour there at least. New gaskets from Mr R and new injector seats from Mr T, nozzles from Mr E. Bay. Looking forward to getting it on the road and giving it the boot. Could have done without the expense, but it's done now.

We're back!

Chris

Dunno Rob. No front diff yet and still SORN. No front wheel on, brakes etc. Ticks over nicely though. That's a start. :D It HAS to be better though. I couldn't be worse. That's not possible.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to hear you're heading in the right direction now senor :cool:

Back