Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recovery rope or strap

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
What's a decent make for a Recovery rope or strap?
I've been looking at Gearamerica products...

I just buy marine rope (12t breaking strain), most chandlers will loop and splice it for you. You can select whatever length you need. Fraction of the price of branded recovery gear and just as robust, unless you need kinetic (which is another can-o-worms).

What sort of recover rope do you want? Just a tow rope, or a kinetic rope/strap?

For a tow rope yes marine 3 strand polyester or nylon 24mm diameter minimum. For a kinetic recovery rope/strap lots of companies offering double braid style ropes now days, (the new KERR) Terrafirma seem to have good kit a good prices, Ironman do one also, ARB do straps, but you pay for their name.

I carry this one round, got it on Ebay some time ago. Can't remember exactly how mush but I thought it was good value.....

Damar Webbing Solutions

IMG_2371.jpeg

For recovery work in the past I've found the kinetic rope very effective.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a 14t strap and shackles from Damar Webbing Solutions. (Home Page - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club])

Made in the UK with personal customer support. Would recommend them.

Whatever you get, go way overkill. They generally say to go for a 14t rating for normal 4x4 recovery.

I recently saw a news story about a chap in America who sank his pickup to the axles in mud. Someone tried to snatch him out with a kinetic strap. However, the detachable tow bar on the vehicle pulling him out snapped off, flew back through the windscreen and killed him. A real eye-opener. From now on I'll always double check the hardware involved before attempting a recovery.

Went for the Gear America stuff,Terrafirma 8T shackles and GA soft shackles...
Cheers

Attachments

• 20230610_120931.jpg
    20230610_120931.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 8
Back