Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removing injectors

fridayman

Garage
Do I need any special tools e.g. injector puller, or a slide hammer (what type), to remove the diesel injectors from my 1KZ-TE?

Anyone? Someone on here must have removed their injectors before..?

Chris (Great White) made some sort of slide hammer affair, try and find his injector post on the 80 forum.

1-HDT engine. NOT a 1KZ-TE

PM'd you but replied for a 80 series. Can't help you with specifics on a 90.

Chris

Chris said:
1-HDT engine. NOT a 1KZ-TE

PM'd you but replied for a 80 series. Can't help you with specifics on a 90.

Chris

Close enough :) Thanks for the info.

I finally have all 4 injectors out - 3 of them intact.

To get the injectors out of a 1KZTE you need a 21mm deep socket that is not from Halfords. The Halfords sockets are too narrow on the inside to fit over the 19mm part of the injector. I thought "no worries, I'll just undo the 19mm part and then the 21mm socket will fit" - obviously at this point it hadn't occurred to me how I would torque the serviced injectors back up again. As the top part of the injector came away in my hand the whole world went into slow motion just as I saw that there was a spring inside... and I couldn't stop my hand from continuing to remove the top part. Ping! and the spring disappeared into the dark nether world below just as I regained motor control of my hands... Dom donner! :doh: After a frustrating half hour with an extendible magnet tool and an engine bay that turns out is full of magnetic things, I gave up. Hopefully the injector place knows what else followed the spring out and have some spares.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ohh b***er!

Clearly a different job to an 80 then. You certainly don't want to be undoing your injectors. That's for sure.

Keep us posted.

Chris

Back