Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removing rear quarter glass - suggestions needed

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Replacing my door glass runs. Left one was fine. The right rear window had separated from its channel attachment so i set about removing the glass to attach the rear channel. The FSM has the division bar for the rear quarter window glass having two bolts and a screw. No issues with the bolts but in the FSM, the screw at the top is drawn as facing forwards but mine top screw seems to be under the rear quarter glass weather strip and i can't work out how to get to it to remove the division bar :think:
How anybody overcome this?
I can't see how i can get the glass out without removing this bar.

Just unscrew the bar Si. Dead easy with that out of the way.

I had the door off the truck to do it all which probably made it easier...

The screw on the top can sumtimes be a pig to get out. Impact driver would be best. If not and you chew the end of the screw up it can make it a bigger job. Obviously try with a normal driver first.

Karl

Aye, I think I had to use the impact driver at least once now you mention it Kay Dubbleyuh...

Thanks for the encouragement to unscrew it :lol: ;) . My issue is - I can't FIND the screw head to unscrew it. :D I assumed it would be under the channel rubber of the main rear door window but it actually looks like it is under the rear quarter glass at the top. :think: I can undo the two bolts and lever the divider to one side a bit to squeeze, with some trouble, some of the weatherproof out from the rear quarter glass but obviously it is still fixed at the top. I can post a pic later but will i find this screw head underneath the weather trim of the rear quarter glass? It all seems pretty tight at the top.

I will have a look when i finally manage to get there today simon and drop a reply..........O hang on a min :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just pull the rubber back on the top of the door.

Is this the screw your talking about?

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 470
Karl you are a star :thumbup: - I was convinced the way it was drawn in the FSM it was inside the window frame and not on top. :doh: Didn't stick my head that high when looking as i kept getting hit by hailstones on the weekend.

SimonD said:
Karl you are a star :thumbup: - I was convinced the way it was drawn in the FSM it was inside the window frame and not on top. :doh: Didn't stick my head that high when looking as i kept getting hit by hailstones on the weekend.

Any excuse :lol:

When i sent the post earlier i forgot i had trucks at home :doh:

At least you know where your going with it now ;)

Karl

Back