Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement suspension 1999 colorado

jimmytreg

Country Flag
uk
Hi, I have taken the plunge and bought a 1999 colorado and wish to replace the suspension springs and dampers, dont want a lift, just original spec. Many suppliers are unbranded so no idea if they are any good, anyone have any recommendations? Don't wish to spend a fortune (hahaha)

Pedders seem to have a good rep - IIRC they do both a standard and a heavier duty version with springs and shocks matched accordingly.

Also worth trying Milners Offroad or Roughtrax - as they're bound to have a variety of options available.

Peddars is to hard for a daily driver and its more a question of whats available right now but the mrs has been happy with roughtrax monroe for a good few years now .
It was a 2" lift kit and i'm not sure if back the monroe shocks came with pedders springs as they do now ?

Thanks for the info. Yes I agree the peddars seem extra heavy duty. I need suspension for use down a 10 mile bumpy forestry track so the harder the ride the more uncomfortable it is but if too soft and fully loaded may bottom out. Could do a lift but rather keep stock and will go for BFG mud KM3

I ruined a very good Colorado fitting Pedders 2" lift to it. Cornered well but you could tell the manufacturer of every man hole cover you ran over.
If you think the stock suspension is tired, tale the plunge and get stock suspension again. If you don't want to pay Toyota dealer prices try some of the other platforms to obtain Toyota parts cheaper. The Collie in the pic is on standard 80K springs and rides very well, the reason I swapped on the other one was it had been used for towing horseboxes and the rear springs were sagging a bit.
I don't know if anyone makes a directly comparable Collie spring to standard.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was just looking for your black on black 95 Andy because i believe it had a 2" lift along wth 80 series alloys , which in my view made it look as it should have when it rolled off the production line .

I ruined a very good Colorado fitting Pedders 2" lift to it......
Me too, though mine was an Ironman kit.

Looking back, probably one of the worse decisions I made and ruining the cruiser's NVH ratings.

Looks fook'in awesome though, especially with 80 wheels and 265/75s. :sunglasses:

1665435758596.png

I did enjoy that truck Shayne, the tyres were 275/70's and are now on my V6 Collie but with the 6 spoke alloys.

I was just pointing out that a lift doesn't have to be obvious with the right wheel and tyre combo .

Back