Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reverse and VSS Wire for 105 series

RedXD

Country Flag
australia
Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased a 2002 105 series Land Cruiser and lets say I am very impressed so far. I have installed my Pioneer AVIC-F40BT double din deck but cannot for the life of me find the last 2 wires that I need.
The VSS Wire (Speed pulse Wire) for the dead reckoning used in conjunction withe the GPS, and the reverse signal wire to activate my reverse camera when reverse has been engaged.
I have been trawling this website and many others trying to find the exact colours that I need. I know that both wires can be found behind the glove box at the ECU. I have already tried the multiple Red/Blues, Red/Yellows and Red/Blacks but no luck :(
I am currently at a loss with how to proceed further. I also don't want to go through the hassle of running a wire all the way back to the reverse light.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is it not worth popping the back light out to at least see what colour the reverse wire is there, would help with any wiring diagrams, surely?

Hey Johhnyboy
I did think of that, and I also did some reading around. It would seem Toyota like to make it difficult by changing the colours from what is at the back tailgate to what comes in to the ECU. I have not yet tried it, but I will give it a go tomorrow just to rule it out seeing as i have almost spliced every wire going in to the ECU

Ah.
Presumably somewhere on the gearbox there will be a reverse switch which activates the lights. Or maybe on the gearlever assembly if its uber-modern technology? So you really need to check out how the reverse lights get their signal first I guess?
Or run a single cable to the back light (which, chances are, may be achievable along the side of the car, under sill covers/carpet edges, and is probably just as quick as trying to search the 'net to find out !!!).

Back