Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reversing light switch.

Andy Harvey

Does anyone know where the reversing light switch is - is it on the box or on the shift lever. Need to get a feed from it to trip my reversing camera and trying to make up my mind whether to run a cable from the back along with the video cable and connect to the reversing lamps or take it from the switch. Can't for the life of me remember where it is and the Max Ellery manual is no help whatsoever.

Assuming auto-box.
The switch is on the gearbox, opposite side of the lever connected to the gear-stick. It's a multi-switch, a gear-selector position switch. It is connected (for the R(everse) signal) to the ECT ECU and the gear-indicator in the instrument panel. Gives +12v when R is selected.

Thanks a lot. Have also found that it is available on a junction box which I need to look for however I think I might just bring a cable from the reversing light forward as I have to run the video cable in. I'm also going to install a switch to switch live on the line manually just in case I need to use it other than when reversing. I have also found that the handbrake line on the unit expects an earth so that video will work when driving forward (for my front camera) so have grounded that to the chassis.

Back