Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reversing warning sound

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Does anybody have an idea of why the warning sound when reversing has stopped on my vehicle. It is a sound that can be heard in and out the vehicle like the trucks have. I have checked the fuses but cannot tell where the sound was coming from before.

Any help pointing me in the right direction appreciated.

Thanks ;)

Sometimes the aftermarket ones are tucked in behind one of the rear lights as its easy to connect there.

Have also seen reversing light bulbs with built in buzzer.

Just some ideas.

The part number for the factory one is 83970-20010 but that is only audible in the cabin as far as I can tell, not outside.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nick Shepherd said:
Really? They are fitted to fork lifts and ambulances to my knowledge.

illegal on under 7.5 tonness on the road then?

Cannot remember if it is heard outside as in the cabin. Has not been working for a few months now.

Having worked in the haulage industry for as long as I have, I am so relieved my car does not have a reverse alarm. :thumbup:

I've just managed to satrt and drive my 91 HDJ81` today and yes the warning bleeper is inside the cab only.....
I think it's a safety thing, just to let you know you have selected reverse..

Checked all the fuses but think if may be coming from the centre console so I have to check there. Maybe a fuse there!

On My '91 80 import the beeper is on the back of the gauge cluster above the transmission lights. At least that is where my fingers tell me it is. I intend to pull the cluster out and remove this beeper at some point...

Back